Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

I am not at home, so I don't have access to my main A/V setup, but I will go back and add that later. It is great to see an A/V forum here!

For now, I will list my mainly audio office system

It is a hard drive based system. I use apple lossless through itunes. All my files are output via USB to my apogee mini dac which also serves as analog volume control. The apogee outputs to two ATC SCM 10 active monitors via DNM solid core XLR cables. Sunds pretty nice, and the monitor is pretty too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

expunge posted:

^^ How did you get HGTV & Food Network in HD? Who's your provider?

I have Dish with their HD and Voom packages. I get Food and HGTV in Hi Def, along with the great voom channels. I have so much great HD content, I rarely watch standard def channels anymore.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

jhcain posted:

Ohh, AV setups.

Mine has Audio, but the Video is only IN YOUR MIND. (Actually, it's in a different room, but I prefer the Audio part..)

I didn't include a picture of the chair.

-J

That is a phenomenal two channel setup. I love the sound of planar speakers. Would love to hear it sometime! On the subject of audio geekiness, anyone in San Antonio that has keen interest in audio is invited to join our little audio group. We haven't been meeting regularly but planned on getting together in the near future to listen to music and talk about equipment.

Suqit fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 21, 2007

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
This is a lot more A than V, but this is where I do the majority of my listening; at work. It is pretty simple. External hdd ---> iTunes ---> Bel Canto DAC ---> ATC SCM 10.

My view

To my left, easy access to volume control.

I rip everything using Apple Lossless. I was debating whether to buy an iPod classic in lieu of the portable hdd, and use the wadia ipod dock I already have with it, but $250 for 160 gigs lost out to $100 for 320 gigs. So here I am.

Sounds lovely.

I will post my home A/V setup once I take some decent photos of it. I am also about to set up my home office system and will take pics and post it once I get it all done, and figure out everything I am actually going to use in there.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Huge_Midget posted:

Pioneer KURO PDP-5020FD 50" Plasma Television

Equipment Rack:
Pioneer VSX-1018-AH-K AV Receiver
Pioneer BDP-320 Blu-Ray Player
XBox 360 Elite w/ HD-DVD Player
Nintendo Wii
APC UPS 1500 Uninterruptible Power Supply
Verizon FIOS Motorola HD DVR
D-Link DGL 4500 Wireless N Router
Verizon FIOS Actiontec Router

Speakers:
JBL S Series Center channel speaker
2x JBL HLS-810 Front left and right
4x JBL SoundPoint SP8II in-wall surrounds Side and Rear lefts and rights
Klipsch SUB-12 Subwoofer

Your equipment isn't bad at all, but the way it is all displayed and your color choices for your walls and decorative choices are absolutely top notch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Reggie Died posted:

Does the power outlet tuck in behind the TV or is it always hanging out like that? Everything looks really nice, but that outlet being visible would annoy the poo poo out of me what with having everything nicely run through the walls and concealed.

Huge_Midget posted:

My only complaint is that the electrician put the power outlet for the TV too far down the wall, I was hoping they'd put it up higher so that the TV would hide it.