Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tukker
Jul 17, 2005

Gränsa utforska och om möjligt förlägga
Not the best pictures but here they are:

edit: I didn't have component cables for my XBox when I took this picture, hence the crappy resolution on the TV.

Video
Samsung LE32M61B: 32" LCD TV

Audio
Onkyo TX-SR503E: 7.1 Channel receiver
Infinity Reference Mark II Speakers: 2 Front, 1 Center, 2 Back

Source
Onkyo DV-SP402E: Progressive scan DVD player
XBox running XBMC: :)
Samsung DCB-9401R: crappy SDTV decoder
JVC HR-J672: old fashioned VCR

Connections
I'm using component cables from my XBox and DVD player to my receiver and from my receiver to my TV. All audio links are optical except for my VCR ofcourse. Unfortunately, SDTV decoders all use SCART so maybe I'll upgrade to an HDTV decoder, although HDTV in the Netherlands is still not interesting. But hey, it would add no extra cost to my current service plan.

Remote
Logitech Harmony 885: that's the EU version of the 880, I think

Notes
This setup does all I want it to do and even my girlfriend doesn't find it to complicated to control everything (since I got the Harmony remote). I do have to think hard about getting a new decoder though, I could also get a twin tuner SDTV one with 160GB. Or maybe a dreambox?

Tukker fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 20, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tukker
Jul 17, 2005

Gränsa utforska och om möjligt förlägga

antihero posted:

That's a very nice wall!
Thanks! It was white when we moved in and we painted it "aubergine". It's also nice on the eyes when watching a movie. That's another reason I hate the decoder, it should be black :)

Original vs Current (long exposure test shot):

Tukker fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 20, 2007