Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr_Softy
Aug 20, 2005
Here is my current set up. Receiver is an old Sony, nothing special...in fact, it's still a pro-logic, but this does not matter to me as I do not care about surround sound. I like stereo, pure and simple. I'd love to have something better, a tube amp of some sorts, but just dont have the dough to buy what I really want, so therefore, I havent bothered.

The speakers are Klipsch SP1 powered towers. For the money, they arent bad. However, they are for sale. Im looking to get a pair of 1994 series one CF4's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr_Softy
Aug 20, 2005

TyroneShoes posted:

Heres my DIY setup.

LG 50 inch plasma

Marantz reciever in 5.1 setup

NAD stereo Amplifer

AARPA/Zapco 3 channel modified amp for surrounds and center.

And the speakers I designed and built my self

Dayton rs180 7 inch aluminim woofer and a Seas aluminum/magnesium TAF29 dome. The crossover is 4 order with crossover point at 1.9k. In a ported .60 cubic foot box. All speakers in my living room are covered in a textured "hitech" flat black formica. Probably the favorite set I made. Id put it up against speakers costing 10x what it cost for me to make them.

The center channel uses two dayton rs125 4 inch and the same seas alum/mag tweeter to match in a 2.5 way MTM.

My surrounds are a fullrange tang band 4 inch I just had to add a little filter to get a nice response.

And my Sub which Is a 1.75 ported box with a 250 watt PE amp and an Elemental 11k as a temporary sub untill I grab a peerless.

Nice to see some DIY in this thread. I do have a question, though. Arent the TB's sonic coloration far different than the Dayton's, and if so, doesnt this drive you nuts? Either way, nice job making your own stuff. Currently I'm thinking about building a massive sub to go with the CF4's when I get them.