Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.
Ohh, AV setups.

Mine has Audio, but the Video is only IN YOUR MIND. (Actually, it's in a different room, but I prefer the Audio part..)

I didn't include a picture of the chair.

-J

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.

jhcain posted:

Ohh, AV setups.

Mine has Audio...

Umm, yeah, what IS all that stuff, anyhow? Stoopid noob, forgot to share the 'whattizit' part.

Left and right, a pair of JRM Electrostatic speakers, and a pair of subwoofers (they're behind the primary loudspeakers)

The main speakers are driven by a pair of Cary SLM-100 amplifiers.

Center pile o' stuff, top down:

-The picture shows an MFA Magus preamp, this is interchanged with a Cary/AES AE-3 Unit when there's no Phono in the vicinity (most of the time)
-Then an electronic crossover with external triple regulated power supply dividing the signal at 50 Hz for the main/subwoofers
-A hotrodded Music Hall CD player
-Adcom GFA-585 driving the pair of subwoofers
-General cabling from Audioquest, Van den Hul and others as the whim takes.
-2 20A dedicated AC circuits, each driving a quad of hospital grade outlets
-Isolation transformers for the preamp and digital AC supplies

And, a chair.

-J