Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

300GB Modded Xbox, 300GB Modded PS2, and Wii (the social machines) are in the living room of the apartment, otherwise they would all be next to each other in that setup.

89 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 19, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Just got into a new place that's half decent. Sorry the pics are crappy, only one of my lightbulbs are working, so that messes with my camera. Speaaaaaaaking of lighting, do you guys have suggestions? Cause pretty much I have zero ambient light outside of a gigantic lava lamp.

Setup:

50" Panasonic VIERA TC-P50GT25
Onkyo HT-S7100 system
2 Xbox 360's
XBMC system via my HP p6210f (2.60 GHz Quad Core, 4 TBs of space)
Use XBMC Commander via iPad 1 to control the system, pretty slick.

I'm on a tight budget these days, but I'm definitely up for suggestions. Especially lighting. I'm thinking about getting some of those behind the TV lights mentioned in this thread. And I can't paint walls as I'm renting this room.

I'm also waiting on a TV mount for my Kinect. Kinda worried my room is gonna be too small, though.

89 fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 17, 2012

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

The Dave posted:

Quickest thing to do would be put a lamp on each of those "end tables" you have going on there.
Yeah, I didn't want to spend over $100 on speaker stands (these speakers are pretty heavy and the amazon brand won't support their weight)...soooo, I went with some Walmart storage containers, heh. They don't really look too bad, and if I can come up with an idea, I could get creative with the drawers being see through.

I'm not sure if I can fit both a lamp and a speaker on top, though.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

giZm posted:

LEDs strips behind TV and couch.
What's the cheapest place to pick those up lately? I saw some links earlier in the thread, but they are broken now.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Anybody have a link to the sound activated LED bias lights? I had a link and lost it :(

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Anybody utilize fake plants? I'm trying to make my A/V living room more roomy and welcome.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I ask here because I don't know where to ask. This thread really initially inspired my thought anyways. Is there a proper place or thread here on SA to discuss room/living room setups and arrangement ideas? I guess like remodeling projects or mostly I'm interested in just ideas. Especially out of the box ideas. Not buying new furniture kind of stuff, but originality and ingenuity for room decorating ideas.

My room is half bedroom half living room (it's massive and it's the living arrangement I have with my two roommates). But, even though I have a bunch of cool stuff, I just feel like the room feels empty. Lacking in personality. So, I want ideas and inspiration, yo (especially considering the idea like...not having a lot of money. Like hunting at flea markets kind of stuff). Seems like there would be a place to find that at SA and I'm just looking right over it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
$0.01!!

Wait...that's how it works, right? :ohdear:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This looks a lot better in person, so excuse the crappy photo. But, I recently got a 65" HDTV for super cheap and had the stand I was using my 50" on, and it kinda dwarfs it...but it fits. Problem is, with the hard wood floor and the way the house is constructed, when there's more than a couple of people in the living room, the TV will very slightly wobble from side to side and it worries me. It's not very noticeable unless you're looking at it or there's a lot of people in the living room walking/stomping around. Is this because of my TV stand being too small or do I need to find some kind of supports I can put up on the sides of the TV? Wall mounting it is out of the question because of the layout of the room puts it in front of a window.

And yeah, cable management...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What do I dooooooooooooo

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My Onkyo SR606 is still getting the job done. When I had the HDMI go out, I just spent $10 on Amazon for new capacitors and $10 at a local electronic repair shop for the 15 minute soldering job and it works like a champ still after 5+ years :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I also had Lasik and watched Pacific Rim in theaters in 3D a month later and it was bad rear end.

Jurassic World, however kind of sucked in 3D. Although, I had really lovely seats on the far right, front row..