Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kullrock
Mar 21, 2006

sigma 6 posted:

Can anybody suggest a soundproofing system for a small apt.??
I live in a tiny shoebox apt. and bought a pioneer 600watt 5.1 system. Thread here.
Unfortunately it is far too loud for my tiny apt and I need a way to soundproof it somewhat. Foam baffling? Dynamat? Has anyone tried to soundproof their apt before?
What is an affordable way to do it?

3363 is right, good soundproofing is hard and expensive and is best implemented durring construction.

Instead just turn down the volume on your subwoofer (asuming it has that option)

I doubt those foam mats will prevent the low frequency sounds from passing trough the walls, and shouldnt a material like this have some specifications on what ranges it blocks and how much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kullrock
Mar 21, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

Has anyone tried putting LED strips or cold cathode tubes behind their flat screens in a king of poor version of the Philips Ambilght? I've seen then in other places, with the diffuse lighting from behind said to ease eye strain and improve perceived contrast on the display.

Any thoughts?

Here is a DIY projector screen (bottom page picture). While I personally think its snake oil, I still want one.