Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twofish
Apr 17, 2006

This was my setup for about a year. (I know, I know, huge anime human being). Most ghetto rig ever. I managed to squeeze a simple HTPC out of a 3 year old Emachines, a cheap Infocus X1a, a used 700W Dolby Digital DTS 5.1 (it produced incredible sound though) I bought off craigslist for $50, and a pull down screen I dug out of the school dumpster. Not loving bad for a starving college student. :clint:

This is me now. Nice setup, if I do say so myself :wotwot:. 2 CPUs run through a USB-VGA KVM to a 17in LCD, G15 keyboard, and MXRevolution (yea, its that $100 mouse). The Westinghouse LTV- 19w3(1440x900) HDTV is running the gaming box on the desk @ DVI and the poo poo dell on the floor @ VGA, so I use the remote to switch between those. I manually switch the headphones between the system. I like this because it gives me nice flexibility by creating three independent selection loops between the sound, the monitor, and HDTV. The Xbox360 runs at 1080i (I've found that when forced between choosing 720 or 1080 on a 1440x900 native resolution, 1080 always yields better results). There's also a really ghetto patch through to a jerry-rigged bookshelf stereo system you can't see, but I'm using that for my impromptu speakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU