Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

bull3964 posted:

If you are already used to plasma, it won't be an issue. Nothing about what he is talking about is unique to Panasonic, just the general look of plasma. He's talking about the different decay times for the various colors. So, if you have a white image that shifts a lot, one color (say yellow) decays as a slower rate than the rest of them so you may see some color flashes. This is endemic on all plasmas to a certain extent.

Either it got better on mine as it aged (which is possible) or my vision has compensated as I really don't see it anymore. The brain is lovely about inventing or deleting information as necessary.

Also, the Panasonics all have 600hz subfield drive as well.

do you mind if I ask what settings you have your ST50 calibrated at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
My ST50 arrived today and it is amazing

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So my ST50 no longer turns on, all I get is the power light flashing red 3 times, I assume this means it's broken pretty bad, any idea based on the 3 flash pattern what specific component has failed. I tried googling various phrases to no effect other than hey your hosed.

• Locked thread