Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sybok
May 25, 2006
Just bought one of the Moto GP corkscrew jackets myself. Will give thoughts when it arrives this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sybok
May 25, 2006
I just bought the EXO-700 rivet(red) this weekend as well and i paid $200 for the helmet as well as $10 for the windblocker for the bottom and a dark smoke visor replacement. You got it at the right price.

Sybok
May 25, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

Do you think that the windblocker is worth the cash? I was looking at it on NewEnough and couldn't tell if it would be effective.

From what I have been hearing is that wind noise is one of the only negatives about the scorpion line. I have only had it out 1 time so far out on dirt biking trails and i can't complain about any wind noise or and wind at all under the helmet.

Sybok
May 25, 2006
If anyone has a Cycle Gear near them go and search the store for discounted winter gear. I found a pair of Dainese Jerico-R for $40. drat fine find I think.

Sybok
May 25, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

I'm looking for my first full-face helmet, and the Scorpion EXO400 I tried on in the store seemed a pretty good fit, but the brand new out of the box one seems to be digging in the wrong places, at least from what I can tell. I'm heading back tomorrow to see if I can try on a medium even though my head measurements should be a small. It's really digging into my jaw on the sides and the top of my forehead.

Before breaking in, how should these things feel when new?

For reference all scorpion helmets come with the cheek pads a little too tight. You can get one of three sizes i think of pads and a smaller one will fit better. I just rode with mine for a while and they relaxed a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sybok
May 25, 2006

devians posted:

Some of the Puma boots pass quite acceptably as normal shoes whilst still being (reasonably) protective, https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...BF8yakgWylYH4DA

I wear some shin high Puma's that look something like this, they look fine under long pants.

I own this exact pair and I like them because they look like normal shoes as well as having decent protection. You can walk easily in them as well. I got side-swiped by a truck at 35 mph and my foot made contact between the bumper and the engine casing. These kept my foot/ankle from being shattered.