Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Junior is the best liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Exploder posted:

Ahh, you're right. But I could swear Keith and Junior had beef about something, but I'm probably making that up in my head, because naturally, Keith is an rear end who doesn't make very many friends.

Keith has a beef with everyone it seems, I wonder if the other captains don't like how he steamrolls greenhorns and just treats people like poo poo in general. I understand that as a captain that boat is your country, your world and things aren't a democracy but I mean come on...

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Geekslinger posted:

Elliot is actually coming off as a better person then Junior this year. When his Dad lost the pot over the side he seemed pretty genuine that a $1500 loss meant nothing over the poo poo his dad put up with him when he was younger.

yeah i think that scene really solidified a change in Elliot for me. I expected at least a snarky remark.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

My favorite Reed Timmer moment was when he ordered one of his crew members to stay home for a chase, basically so he could impress a woman.

Given the state their vehicle was in after the tornado (there's a picture of the wreckage of the Twistex on Facebook) I have little doubt that a TV crew would have perished as well.

Not that I am defending reed at all but she was a meteorologist it wasn't like she had no real business being there, it was just a douche move.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I don't see things working out on the Kiska Sea, they showed the pace to be way faster and they were busting his balls so hard.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

cycowolf posted:

Jake Anderson is a whiny little bitch. I really, really hate him. Since day one. Sorry his dad went crazy and killed himself but I don't understand why he thinks that means he gets to be captain. Elliot really needs to get over his ex. I don't know if she is just a bitch or if he is a creepy stalker at this point. If he doesn't, he is going to lose that boat.

No more fireworks on the Time Bandit.

I feel like it has less to do with his ex and more to do with his kids.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

What got me was his constant bitching that he didnt want to be apart of some fraternity...you joined an Alaskan crab boat it doesn't get any more fraternity than that.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

This idiot immediately gets sunburn, lays on the ground for a week bitching that the girl keeps bringing him coconuts to survive, then he digs a well at a massive expense of energy. The well water gives him diarrhea, and he shits all over the camp. He's been selfish and indignant the whole time, and then it comes out that he lied about his survival abilities.

Hahhaa now this rear end in a top hat cuts his foot on the coral and the girl has to catch an eel for him.

What show is this, it sounds amazing.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Supreme Allah posted:

It's terrible. The only episode I watched had a 40 something guy with a 20 something girl, and the guy was a belligerent rear end in a top hat who broke down crying. The girl was trying to maintain some sort of stability but the guy kept screaming random poo poo about hating people.

In the end they both got excellent survival grades. Moron show full of morons.

just finished the first episode and this was a pretty accurate review. It being so absolutely retarded is why I will watch it with my wife and we'll make fun of it. :allears:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

The 2nd guy does not need his toughness questioned at all, and definitely didn't whine at all, but at the start he did have that "I know better than a girl" attitude.

I think he was just saying that because he felt so useless due to being injured so long.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Captain Phil would be shaking his head at Freddie so loving hard.

I miss Captain Phil :(

And god help me I miss Jake Harris being a fuckup on national TV

I honestly really dislike Freddie in all aspects now. Phil had some sort of control over him. I used to work with a guy like Freddie and only a few people could keep him under control.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

DFu4ever posted:

I wonder if Freddie is one of those people who don't really have their own unique personality. They basically adopt the personality of an individual or group that they are around for a while to fit in. On the Cornelia Marie he seemed to be a respectable and relatively decent guy. On the Wizard he's become a raging assclown.

Interestingly enough, you practically have to be a raging assclown to fit in on the Wizard. Coincidence?

this is pretty much the type of personality I was talking about in my earlier post. You just explained it better.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

looks like Bering Sea Gold has returned, can't wait to see the awkward lovers quarrel between zeke and emily again :allears:

edit: and it didn't disappoint.

Photex fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 9, 2013

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Deadliest Catch premier tonight :woop:

my wife thinks i'm the biggest man child for loving this show so much, but there are very few reality shows that still bring a sense of true reality and danger.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

as good as a worker as Freddie is he's kind of a loose cannon.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I don't think it was the editing, I think it's exactly like someone said earlier that Phil probably would have never put up with that type of bullying poo poo, he didn't seem like that kind of man from what we saw.

Keith absolutely he thinks it's loving hilarious that he burns through a greenhorn every year, it's to keep his costs low.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Jesus poor Captain Scott, you know deep down he's also thinking about all the guys on his boat the depend on him to fish.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

trouser chili posted:

Hard to ever know the truth, but Josh seems to really have it together here. I think it takes great leadership skills to realize you're over your head and willingly step back, especially in a field so saturated with machismo. Guys like Eliot and Jr don't seem to have that, and I'm guessing it's likely the reason they're both so broken now.

I just love all the small interactions from the hillstrand brothers towards Josh, you can really tell they love him like a son and want him to succeed in the business.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

IRQ posted:

That's been a thing from very early on. No matter how often they explicitly say how much the job sucks dicks please don't apply to do it, people keep thinking "oh it can't be that bad let me do it."

they really do try to drive it home that 99% of people are not built for that kind of work. There aren't a lot jobs that require an awake time for 24+ hours on the regular.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

latest episode of Naked and Afraid was hilarious (Episode 10 Dunes of Despair)

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Wow, Eliot's even more of a oval office than normal in this episode. And that's saying something for the dangerous, loud-mouthed, junkie shitwit.

yeah I couldn't believe he was actually saying the guy broke his arm on purpose because he wanted to go home.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

yeah is everyone forgetting how big of a psychopath bully rear end in a top hat Freddie is?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

gently caress Keith for trying to tell Josh how to run his boat and that he is doing it all wrong.

I gotta feel for Josh, constantly being told how your dad did things isn't the best way to get your point across.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I find it hilarious that Freddy got fired for the sake of getting drunk in a hotel room. Shitbag.

Freddy is ready when Freddy is ready.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

There's a shocker, unchecked dangerous idiocy on the Time Bandit leads to a serious hand injury. Again.

They are really bad at captaining.

Even worse that was their loving nephew getting slapped around unless i'm mistaken..that guy looks like a complete and total tool.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Oh great a woman on The Wizard, this won't end up terribly.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Smelly posted:

600+ pots with single digits legal crab was painful to watch.

I don't know enough about fishing but that seemed like some real lovely luck, it's happened to almost every captain on the show.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Hahaha, this kid blew his knee out at 14 and got sent home once before on another boat, does he not check references?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Looks like Tony Lara died, the CM captain's seat is cursed.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

I wonder if bill picks up these terrible greenhorns just to stay on the show. I mean besides seeing how bad is his greenhorn going to gently caress up what else does he have going to be on the show? His deckhands are boring and hes just an angry old man most of the time. And hes near the bottom of the pack in amount of crab gathered. It's always north western, time bandit, and the wizard at the top.

Pretty sure Bill is one of the most respected in the fleet, I know there was an episode where Jon and Andy said Bill has fished almost every fishery on the planet.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Then why are his numbers always low and why does he keep getting lovely greenhorns?

because it's a quota system, he goes out and catches what they give him..

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bering Sea Gold is back and it's started off pretty good if anyone cares, i know there was a thread for it back in the day but i can't seem to find it :shrug:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i'm glad Gold Rush is back because i can just sit in my chair and know that i'd do a better job than the hoffman's

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

What is everyone's thoughts on the Beets/Parker contract signing? I'm personally siding with Parker that's a pretty bullshit way to change a contract..

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

spankmeister posted:

It was like that episode of south park with Chef when Isaac Hayes left.

Anyway I'm glad Gold Rush is back, I like to watch children run a goldmining operation.

It's a goddamn miracle nobody lost a digit or worse yet.

I think the worst accident so far was when Parker totalled his souped up pick up

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Adam probably realizes he could make a lot more money with a lot less effort on Youtube.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I swear there will be man tears shed when Parker's grandpa passes away he just seems like a genuine great person

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Philthy posted:

So I'm going through this latest episode. The oil pan cracks in their D11, and Hoffman is all "We have 3 days to get this going, do whatever it takes" so the guy orders a part that is going to take a week to be shipped to the middle of nowhere and seals the crack temporarily. Why didn't that exact day, drive to the nearest air port and fly his rear end down personally, get the part, and arrive back by the end of the next day? Or paid the company to send someone. The costs are insignificant compared to what they might lose. If they had to manufacture the part, it would make sense, but these dozers have part supplies everywhere. Just pay for a heli lift to an airport, do whatever.

Dammit Todd.

Also, where did the Gold Rush/Gold thread go? We had a lot of people in there and it was pretty popular! A new season of Prospectors just started too!

gently caress Todd, I hope Parker destroys him in the gold count at the end of the season.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

when it comes to actual profit at the end of the season Parker would easily crush Todd if they opened up the books, while Todd is buying dumb poo poo like a 3rd loving tailings belt, Parker is moving his plant closer to a cut to save tons of money on fuel costs and to run more dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Does jack Hoffman still go for the glory hole?

nah he's getting too old for the glory hole.

• Locked thread