Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Photex posted:

Hahaha, this kid blew his knee out at 14 and got sent home once before on another boat, does he not check references?

I couldn't loving believe that poo poo. Keith is my least favorite Captain, but man I feel bad for him with his poo poo Greenhorns. Its my belief that a crabber like Jake Anderson is 1 in a million and Sig was smart to make him a full share as quickly as he did.

I love Jake so much, I just wish the dude had more confidence in himself. It's like everything he does is filled with perpetual self doubt (much like Josh). My least favorite season was the season where Jake was on the Kiska Sea because 1. he wasn't on the show very much and 2. everyone the Kiska Sea treated him like poo poo. I'm really glad Elliot is such a gently caress up and is giving Jake a chance to shine, I just hope he makes the most out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

wukkar posted:

Am I the only one willing to admit to watching Naked and Afraid? 40 day challenges seem pretty legit. They were usually limping to the 21 day finish line in past seasons.

I'm watching it. I find it interesting that 8 out of the 10 have consolidated. I wonder if the other 2 women are going to meander over to piranha lake and just make one mega group.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Gazaar posted:

I laughed at that one commercial with the dude flipping out at the electric eel.

"1500 VOLTS THROUGH MY BODY" *screams at eel*

That was funny as poo poo. The whole electric eel scene was comedy gold

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Photex posted:

Looks like Tony Lara died, the CM captain's seat is cursed.

Was he the one that insisted on fishing blue crab even though he couldn't find any?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

howe_sam posted:

I'm pretty sure it was Jake Harris, not Josh, who tried to bring the flat screen onto the boat. Up to now Josh had been working pretty hard to take over the CM, putting in all that time working on the Time Bandit and such. That being said it was shocking how indifferent the editing made Josh look while Casey was trying to repair the rudder,

It was Jake who bought the flatscreen

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

kefkafloyd posted:

Oh yeah, and Jake Harris is off in detox somewhere.

I hope it sticks this time because he looked awful in that Legend of the Cornelia Marie special :-(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Naked and Afraid XL was a goddamn horror show. This is the first time I've ever seen a disclaimer of "This entire episode happens in a single 24 hour period"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Holyshoot posted:

what was XL about it? The people were fat?

Instead of 2 people surviving for 21 days, they have 12 people doing 41 days. This is the second XL season they've done and this season is BRUTAL compared to last season. In one episode they had 3 (possibly 4) people medically evacuated for eating this fruit. The person who established the camp left his camera there that showed him in crippling pain. 2 of the members of the big group found the camera and went hauling rear end back to the camp yelling DON'T EAT THE FRUIT DON'T EAT THE FRUIT! but it was too late and it lead to three other group members being evacuated to the bush camp for observation. Also their camp is stupidly close to a river so there are a lot of predators poking around and it looks like next week the lions get even more courageous in investigating the group and their camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Holyshoot posted:

Might have to start watching this.

Both season of XL are really good. The conditions are so brutal and they had some really weird choices of who they cast. The format is the same both seasons:

1 tribe of all men
1 tribe of all women
1 tribe with 2 women and 1 man
1 tribe with 2 men and 1 women

In the first season I'm not 100% sure if they told the groups that other groups were in the area. They do end up finding each other but it does seem a little staged (SHOCKER!). Season 2 is nuts though, they are in an area of South Africa full of big cats, big predators and absolutely punishing conditions.

• Locked thread