Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Come back, Berserk.

https://twitter.com/dance_w_skelton/status/1089187888539918336?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

333 to 334, the dark ages

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I wonder if some gimmick will show up that Griffith hasn't achieved full power/whatever since Casca and Guts lived and all of his sacrifices havent been completed.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Out of character since Guts never fucks

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Berserk Musou was very upsetting for a series known to have a bunch of characters and then only has like 7

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tony Jay as the narrator of the 97 anime that just says "In this world.."

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Caska has a lot to say I guess.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The untranslated scans are already on reddit if you want to peek.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Crabtree posted:

Don't forget that the ruins that we've seen of Gaiseric's empire had a bunch of rotting skulls with Brands on them. There's a strong implication that Gaiseric or the priest sacrificed that empire for something.
I think Void just wants to continually perpetuate humanity's suffering. Letting them have hope by Griffith's reforms and shining kingdom before he blows it all down again only seems to feed into what the Idea of Evil wants/makes it stronger? To make the darkness so overwhelming there can be no more hope/light. This might contrast with the arc that Guts is going through where getting revenge and giving in to his inner demons isn't really the answer versus working through his traumas and healing from it. Skull Knight/Gaiseric has been hellbent on revenge for so long that it is sustaining him as he's a literal timeless skeleton, unable to rest.

Although, who knows what would come next if humanity were to go extinct - unless there's an end goal where something manifests as a result.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

BattleHamster posted:

I don't agree with this reading as its much too binary. We've seen many examples throughout Berserk of bad people doing good things and good people doing bad things and If we are to believe that the IoE is a manifestation of human thought, and the god hand as an extension of the IoE, then their decisions are much more complex than just trying to increase and perpetuate human suffering. It's similar to how God behaves in the Old Testament and the analogies that can be made between the Bible and Berserk's story are as obvious as they are numerous. Also, looking at events in the story through the lens of causality and thinking about all the other events that occur later on because of them shows us that evil decisions can lead to good outcomes and righteous decisions can lead to bad outcomes.

It's for this reason I'm not convinced that Griffith is secretly plotting to do evil stuff, and I think the story will be much more interesting if Guts has to struggle with and weigh the irredeemable actions Griffith committed in the past against the present good he has done. The ogres/trolls/harpies/etc. that Griffith is fighting against right now have explicitly been said to be manifestations of the darkest parts of the human subconscious and ridding the world of them might be the path to humanity's salvation.
Thanks for the thoughts, I appreciate the reply.

To me, I think the future of Berserk is still a lot of guess work and projection since a lot of things are still obscured. I'm definitely in the camp of waiting for the shoe to drop on Falconia - even if it isn't by Griffith's design.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

At least Guts and Caska's ghost child is getting a happy spinoff

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Shout out to Judeau for being mentioned for the first time in 15 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If yall want to talk about Duranki can you do it elsewhere? I just want to follow this one problematic manga and hiatus boat post in peace.