Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Popehoist posted:

oh come on guys the second movie can't be THAT b

My god. What have they done. WHAT DID YOU DOOOOOOO

EDIT: didnt even realise the crossbow was upside down until after i posted it, holy gently caress
This looks like a terrible Mount & Blade mod.

I guess I'm not going to cry over them rushing through the Golden Age stuff since I've seen all that before, as long as they do a good job of the stuff afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

notZaar posted:

I still think the first episode of the TV series is the most badass Berserk animation (though I have yet to see the second movie.) I actually watched that show before I ever read the books so I was kind of pissed at what a bait and switch the whole season was. I wanted to see the Black Swordsman!
I also saw the show before I read the books, and always loved the show possibly because of that. Goofy as hell opening theme, though.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

laplace posted:

As much as I actually (unironically) love that song, everybody knows that Forces is the real Berserk OP song.
Oh, that's what that song is called. Awesome, I pretty much haven't heard it since I last watched through the show. Not that I don't love the actual opening song too, despite its goofiness. The ending theme does nothing for me though.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I'm still holding out hope that they're just rushing through the Golden Age material so they can put more effort into the stuff beyond that, which hasn't been told in motion before.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 12, 2013

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

TheRamblingSoul posted:

Skimming through some of the most recent chapters, I have a question: What is up with the magic tattoo looking thing covering up Guts' Eclipse brand? I've only read/watched up to the Eclipse and parts of the Kushan arc, so I'm probably out of the loop.
The gang met a witch some time ago, and she painted that on to lessen the effects of the brand. Schierke was that witch's apprentice and refreshes the painted thing every now and then.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I definitely enjoyed Berserk more during its low fantasy arcs, but it's still good to me.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Maybe he'll eventually pull a Dark Tower and just poo poo out a terrible ending to be done with things.

Also, is there any way of actually getting to read a professional translation of the manga without paying ridiculous amounts of money? I was hoping Dark Horse would have the manga available for purchase in electronic form, but no dice. And the fan translations are really, really bad sometimes.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Doublehex posted:

I still don't understand why the scanlators bitched about that.
Haha, they actually complained about what the loving author decided their names should be?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I just wish they'd put the series up for electronic purchase and reading. As much as I'd like the physical volumes it'll be pretty expensive to get them here in Sweden, and I'd really love to read a professional translation of the series.

VVV I don't think that was meant as a reference to you being immature so much as it's taking your "a year of nothing" at face value.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 4, 2013

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I don't even care about the peeing stuff, this comic is just boring as hell.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

edit: One other thing I noticed is that there's a twisted sort of logic to Griffith's actions. When the eclipse first starts he goes on this mental journey when he realizes that what he's been doing up until this point is sacrificing countless people for his dream, and that sacrificing his comrades isn't really any different than killing all of the other people he had killed up until that point. If he actually became a benevolent dictator, his actions would definitely fall into a morally grey zone. If I remember correctly, him become Femto and taking corporeal form ends up making a bunch of monsters/demons appear in the world, which would makes him undeniably bad, but if this wasn't the case it wouldn't be as clear.
Even if the killing is morally ambiguous in an ends-justify-the-means sort of way, I'm pretty sure the rape isn't.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Azzents posted:

That was purely to spite Guts for leaving him.
Oh, I guess it's all right then.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Soulcleaver posted:

I'd be fine with this as long as it was done as well as in Vinland Saga.
Wait, Vinland Saga ended?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Did I miss a Goatsepost?

Also if Miura drew a loving rendition of Goatse, who itt would frame it on their wall?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

notZaar posted:

None of those games have good combat
Well, I guess that's an opinion one can have.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Speaking of Berserk games, Kornel Kisielewicz was on Roguelike Radio not too long ago and it sounded like he was hoping to update the Berserk roguelike again at some point. So that'd be cool.
(the game's at https://sourceforge.net/projects/berserkrl/ BTW)

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

oh hey suddenly I'm a little bit excited for the new series

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I'm not gonna get deep into this discussion, and I love Berserk a whole lot, but arguing that it doesn't have a problem with its depiction and treatment of women in particular is hilariously wrong.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

temple posted:

How should Berserk handle women? I think Berserk handles women in line with how reality handles women. Only Berserk uses monsters.
Berserk is not a portrayal of reality, as has been said. Also, the sexual violence towards women in the comic is often portrayed in ways that seem intended to titillate the viewer. Also also, there's just too drat much of it being actively shown for no other reason than to reinforce the evilness of various villains, which is honestly just lazy at best.

temple posted:

Griffith would have to top, Guts is clearly vers.
Griffith is def. a power bottom.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 20, 2016

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

This conversation will switch gears now.
Not emptyquoting, but please listen to this and end rapechat. Thanks.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Griffisu.

I wish this anime had premiered on April 1st instead so I could pretend it was all an elaborate practical joke.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

RubberLuffy posted:

Tales of the Berserk: A Telltale Series

Wait that's a terrible idea
I'd play it. Make the lead someone other than Guts and let the player have some influence over who survives the Eclipse.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

How about a Berserkcharted?

Poorly animated 3D cutscenes that are a total chore? That's a Sony special in my book.
I've never played an Uncharted game in my life, but aren't they known for their excellent graphics and animation above all else?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Berserk Musou posted:

Well, I sure am glad they fixed the glaring lack of boob plate from proper Berserk.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

This episode's definitely better than the last, yeah. Gives me a tiny bit of hope.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

This episode made me cancel my Crunchyroll account.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

ahahaha look at their official website http://millepensee.com/

so professional

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Pensive posted:

I'm probably still gunna watch this all the way through because Berserk is Berserk and it's not like I'd be watching anythig else in its place every week, but it deserves so much better.
Find something else to watch, your time is worth more than a show you're not really enjoying.

Mob Psycho 100 seems all right, as someone mentioned it earlier. Pretty unrelated to Berserk of course, but still, it's actually worth watching which is more than can be said for this atrocity.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Goddamn that looks fun.

Still bugs me that they keep focusing on Wet Butt Casca at the end of every trailer, but I know I'll end up buying this despite those misgivings (provided my system can handle it).

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

I hope all of you are wrong and Casca comes back fine and happy and they all dance and celebrate and it's awesome.
I hope this too, but I don't expect it. What I mostly expect is for Schierke and Farnese to watch the events of the Eclipse played back as interpreted by Casca's subconscious (probably involving an even more uncomfortable amount of sexual violence, ugh) and be traumatized by it.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Just a reminder that the DoomRL guy made a Berserk game some time ago.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I'd be pretty stoked to see Casca kicking some rear end.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

This is a loving good tune.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

It'd be cool if people kept spoilertagging discussion of the new chapter until the good translation is out.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I just want to say that I think it's rad you guys include fanart with the translations, some of it's real good.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You guys are all the best

Mangastream's fanart choice for other series is very very miss and rare hit.
Oh, that's Mangastream adding it? I thought it was the scanlation team putting that stuff in there as sort of bonus content.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Creepy sexualisation of a kid aside, this is neat. Really up for more non-binary protagonists.

The art is sort of skirting the border between sexualizing and taking a cue from "beautiful children" as depicted in classical art, I think. If not for Miura's track record with sexualizing kids in weird ways (i.e. the Piss Wrestling Saga) I'd be more willing to give it a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Duranki is creepy, and any charitable read of it honestly goes out the window in light of Miura's track record when it comes to being creepy. It's a shame though, because the basic concept isn't bad and more non-binary protagonists would be cool in general. Just not like this.