Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elevenbane
Apr 25, 2007
all roses have their thorns

Windy posted:

It's normal for a rabbit to just chill in the litter box. I've never had one that didn't spend some quality time sitting in the crapper.

For trembling, it may be a fear issue, or just being overall uncomfortable with the surroundings still. Don't get discouraged, but continue to spend time observing her from a short distance. I don't think it signifies that your rabbit is ill, however, if you do schedule a visit a vet for a routine checkup anyway(as posted earlier) you can bring it up as a concern. I've heard my rabbits make a sneeze noise before, but it was just fur or dust in their noses while grooming.

When the rabbit is sitting there trembling, does he look content? Eyes part closed? Can you hear a chittering motion, or does it look like the mouth is moving?

Rabbits do purr. But instead of like the purring of cats, it's a grinding of the teeth called toothpurring. When I had a pet bunny she would toothpurr being held on our laps and petted, or sitting on my Dad's shoulder. (She loved climbing up behind my Dads head and sitting on his shoulders. He'd even use her as a fuzzy pillow and she'd be perfectly content to sit up there for hours if he let her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elevenbane
Apr 25, 2007
all roses have their thorns

angelicism posted:

Not really; I think I'm just going to have to settle for 'she's scared'. She just moved (to my new apartment) so the new surroundings and new people must still be at best uncomfortable and at worst terrifying. Whenever I come play with her she does like bouncing in and out of my lap, though, which is adorable. :)

Yeah, that's understandable. When I first got my rabbit she'd hop around the house really nervously, hiding under a chair before hopping out and exploring a few steps before running back to the 'safe spot'.

Good luck getting her acclimated! Maybe you can salvage something from the old apartment to make her more comfortable. Fabric or something with her scent on it.