Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CalamityKate
Dec 4, 2004

Bailey on the windowsill. She passed away this February.

This is Sean, standing in the dog's food dish.

Some of Sean's favorite activities are sitting in the dog's bed, chasing the dog in the backyard, and eating. I've had bunnies since before I had Sydney the dog, and the pup has always been extremely gentle (and hilariously submissive) with the buns.

Sean was the pet of the security guard here at work, and she had to get rid of the rabbit because her dogs were too aggressive to keep a bunny with.

(that's the cage he "came with" back in that picture, I moved him to a flat-bottomed cage right after that, don't worry)

Anyways, when he and the dog were romping out in the yard, Sean's toe got broken on his back foot, and off to the vet we went. Since he was going to have to go under for the X-ray and the splinting of his foot, I also asked for him to be neutered.

I got a call from the vet that afternoon, telling me that Sean was a "she", and would I like to have her spayed? Oops!

She's doing fine with her foot all wrapped up, although she has a hard time sitting on her back feet to clean her face!

As much as I have loved the 3 buns I've had over the years, I think Sean is my last. I had a perfect setup with my last apartment where I had an enclosed and carpeted sun porch to let Sean and Bailey out and do their thing as much as they wanted, but since I don't live alone any more, I don't have the control over cords and other delicious chewables all over the apartment that I used to. Even as I say this, I know I'll probably take another one in at some point!

Quick question, at the recommendation of the vet, I switched over to all veggies and hay rather than veggies + hay + occasional pellets, and Sean is drinking a lot less water than she used to. I figured that it's because she's getting water from the increased veggie intake, but wanted to see what you all think. She's going back to the vet soon too, so I'll make sure the vet ok's it also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CalamityKate
Dec 4, 2004

angelicism posted:

This is sad because my bun adores them and I've been spoiling her a bit with them. :( I'll have to find new treats to bribe her with.

It's the sugar content, as my vet has told me. Try cut up pieces of fresh fruit like strawberries, bananas, or pineapples as treats! If your bun is still pretty young, the breeder that we got our first Holland Lop from would give a little bit of a hard and crunchy heel of bread for them to gnaw on.

CalamityKate
Dec 4, 2004

Does anyone else have a rabbit that sheds in chunks? Sean is going through a shed right now and she looks like a hair explosion. I've been using the zoom groom on her but 5 minutes later she's a poof ball again.

CalamityKate
Dec 4, 2004

Windy posted:

CalamityKate, I've started to use the furminator on Murphy. I know it's pricy, and was originally bought(and still used) for my cats, but it does wonders on him. I just lightly spritz with water to keep the flyaways down, and start brushing. He hates to be brushed, but the furminator grabs so much loose fur. I get more out in one sitting than the slicker brush or zoom groomer.

Well there's the excuse I needed. I've got a cocker spaniel also, so it will get plenty of use if I go ahead and get one :) Thanks!