Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hanpan
Dec 5, 2004

I got my girlfriend a bunny for our anniversary... introducing Pickle!

Sitting on the sofa

Having a poo

Chillin in da sun

Pickle is pretty cool, she likes being held and eating anything and everything. She hasn't quite got the hang of using the litter tray yet, which is a shame because the rug can't take much more punishment :(

I don't suppose any can tell me what is wrong with her ear from those pictures... one of Pickles ears will stand upright almost constantly and looks as though it is broken because it doesn't rest naturally like the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hanpan
Dec 5, 2004

Pickle was ill today :(

We usually get her out every morning and afternoon for some love and playtime but this morning when we took her out, her eyes were all over the place and she couldn't stand up without falling over or rolling around in circles. Whilst I was calling the vet she had what I can only describe as a seizure which was pretty horrifying. The vet gave us some medicine and said it looks like one of two infections, one which is usually fatal :smith:

I have given her some hay and water but I really wish I could do more for her, she is sat against a wall at the moment wobbling about.

Hanpan
Dec 5, 2004

Thanks for the information. I feel kind of daft getting emotional over a rabbit but it is definitely heart breaking to see her suffer like she is. Please don't hate me for suggesting this, but do you think it's better if I put her out of her misery?

Hanpan
Dec 5, 2004

Just a quick question guys, my girlfriend wants to know if it's ok to feed Pickle some grass? She seems to really like it :X

Hanpan
Dec 5, 2004

I am so unsure what to do with our rabbit :(

Pickles head seems to be permanently at an angle now, she eats, drinks and hops about fine, just a bit wonky. Recently though, if we pick her up she will practically act dead, and put her head in the most uncomfortable looking positions... She will stay like that, limp and dead until finally flipping out, has a little feet. It looks as though she is trying to get onto her feet but can't seem to straighten her body out. When she does eventually get back onto her feet she seems to be ok... it's just very worrying.

Is my bunny dying? :smith:

Hanpan
Dec 5, 2004

Oh, reading all that seems to make me feel really uncomfortable. Me and my partner both work full time, does the rabbit need extra attention or can she live ok in her hutch on her own? I feel terrible saying this but we don't have the time to give her the extra care she needs :(

Hanpan
Dec 5, 2004

I have a question about house bunnies I hope you can help with.

My girlfriends bunny died last year and she was devastated, since then we have moved into a two bedroom top floor flat, which is relatively roomy. I've been thinking about getting her another rabbit for valentines day but I'm not sure sure keeping it in a flat is a good idea? Some people have said they are perfectly fine in their apartments but I was hoping you could give me some advice and tips?

Obviously I'm mostly worried about the goddamn smell the thing will produce, my girlfriend assures me these things can be litter trained... is this true and how do I go about training it?

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hanpan
Dec 5, 2004

Thanks for the reply. She has expressed she wants another rabbit, I wouldn't just spring it on her :)

Good info there, thanks very much.