Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

impelled
May 5, 2006
Phascolarctos cinereus
Here is my bunny, Lily!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

impelled
May 5, 2006
Phascolarctos cinereus
For those with adult bunnies, how much did you spend to get them neutered?

When I took Lily for her general exam, the vet estimated that it would cost up to $340 for the spay / medication / overnight stay. They're excellent vets, but I can't help but feel like that's an outrageous price.

And a couple of pictures for cuteness:

impelled
May 5, 2006
Phascolarctos cinereus
When we bonded our rabbits it was very tiring and stressful. We took them out on the back porch, a space small enough to contain them but large enough for them to get away from each other if it got too angry. Here's a photo from a dramatic moment in the beginning:

We created a double cage, split down the middle so they couldn't hurt each other but were forced to be near to the other bun. We also took turns letting one out of the cage to explore while the other was inside. The most important thing we did was swap them in the cages every 12 hours. The other bunny smell 24/7 made the process much quicker. Eventually they began sitting right next to each other against the divider :)

It took about a week for them to bond, but even a year later they seem to fall in love a little more every day.
Here's a photo of the lovers now:

Good luck. It's very tough (and I only went through a week of it), but once it's over it is so worth it.