Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jesus, did his arms get that big from carrying Stryker's worthless rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I installed the loveline stream on iTunes, but it was before the stream was moved. How should I approach removing and re-installing the new one?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What's the date of the Sarah Silverman episode where she loses it on some dumbass who wants to have a baby at like 17, finishing with "GET A PUPPY!"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
More jello please!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How dare you? Drew is a passionate, passionate man.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Riptor posted:

completely random and obscure thing I noticed: Adam thinks that Pepperidge Farms is pronounced "Petridge Farms"

This is probably like my dad referring to Seinfeld as "Steinfeld" even though I'm pretty sure he knows the difference. It's part laziness, part enjoyment of people getting bent out of shape because they're too anal to let it go.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Andrew WK was terrific. Seemed to try and help the callers, but also had a sense of humour about Adam's approach.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
You know who'd make a good co-host for Drew? Blaine Capatch. Funny, probably willing to call Drew on his bullshit, could use the exposure.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if the teenage boys who used to call in to tell Adam he was a God have realized what an utter shithead he's become.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I am more glad than ever I stopped listening to his podcast, then.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

criscodisco posted:

I'm not not trying to be argumentative, because I genuinely don't know... in what way did Adam become a shithead. There should be a question mark there but both the shift keys on my keyboard mysteriously stopped working.

He's gradually become less and less in touch with reality as he's become more successful, and seems to think that because he was poor once when he was young that he understands poverty completely, and that anybody who is poor pretty much made the bed they lay in. Additionally, he seems to have become a total misogynist, and he actually treats his staff on his show worse then he treated people like Anderson and engineer Chris. Essentially, Adam has become a typical entitled well off white male who feels that somebody making 15K should pay the same amount of taxes as he does (although that's a holdover attitude from his Loveline days, it's become a hot button issue for him). It should be noted he used to be way more centered politically and I distinctly remember him having a good conversation with Patton Oswalt and Brian Posehn, who were doing a benefit show for John Kerry about why people should vote for John Kerry instead of Bush, and Adam actually did a good job of explaining why the rationale of "Anybody but Bush" was not a great attitude and how he wasn't sold on Kerry.

He also thinks there's nothing wrong with Glenn Beck and that Glenn is just "a guy who loves his country and family".

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 16, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FCKGW posted:

Yeah ...

But good times, right?

He'll send you a windbreaker.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Carolla calling Janeane Garofalo a partisan hack would top that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My favorite episode is the episode where Andrew WK is on and the kid calls in asks him if he watches George Shrinks, which is a show aimed at like, 3-5 year olds.

I thought Andrew handled it pretty well. Adam seemed befuddled he got through.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Did Adam ever actually get emotional at anything thrown his way by the callers? Because some of the stuff on the stream is loving horrifying.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Drew, please.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Riptor posted:

Are you a Mormon?

He's fat

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FCKGW posted:

I was listening to an Everclear song earlier today and I remembered his appearance on Loveline and how genuine and how he seemed to take his appearance actually ver seriously and tried to give helpful and meaningful advice to the callers. Other than maybe Andrew W.K., where there any other celebrity guests that seemed to really dig being on the show and wanted to help?

Greg Proops took some of the guests pretty seriously.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man, Andrew WK's episodes are so good. He'd be a good co-host.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If I had my way, it'd be Drew and Andrew WK, or Drew and Patton Oswalt. Although Patton might not be feeling too social these days....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

UltraRed posted:

The part that made it great was that she insisted she was an "expert" while not having any idea who was fighting who.

Didn't she also get super indignant when Adam pointed out how basic the knowledge is?

• Locked thread