Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxbot
Jul 4, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I've been looking at Miatas on and off for quite a while. I'm about 6'1" 180-ish, so I've been curious as to if I'd fit. I know a lot depends on leg length vs. torso length, but I've never had a chance to sit in an NB(which I like more than the As and Cs).

I sat in an NC retractable hardtop at a carshow to ballpark it about six months or so ago and the legroom was great(slightly less than my T-bird, but more than my mom's Bonneville :wtf: ), but I only had the thickness of my hand's worth of headroom.

I consider you guys to be quasi-Miata experts so my question is this: How's the headroom on the NB compare to that of the NC?

I too have been looking into getting a miata but am worried about whether I'll fit comfortably in it (6'2" 175lbs 34"inseam). I don't think a short test drive would be enough to tell how good of a fit the car is so I was thinking of renting one for a couple of days. There's a company on the LA craigslist adverting a couple of "rent-to-own" miatas.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/car/446527802.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/car/445557212.html

The cars are a ripoff but according to their website, they do daily rentals. I realize that it's "possible" for people taller than me to fit in a miata from what I've read on the internet, but I don't want to just "fit", I want to be comfortable. This car would be either a daily or semi-daily driver for me so comfort is somewhat important.

If the car does turn out to be almost a good fit but with a lack of headroom, how much would some seat foam removal help?

Also, if it does turn out to be a poor fit, what are some good alternatives with similar qualities to a miata but with more room? My budget maxes out in the 10K range but if a miata works out for me I'd probably only want to spend no more than 5K since there's so many nice NAs out there.

Boxbot fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 12, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU