Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lordmaf
Jul 23, 2007
ive got one of these as well.

1998 NB mk2 1.8s

just like that. (no picks on this pc)

picked it up for £5400 with a hardtop 18 months ago.

Great car. just had to put a new set of toyo proxies on and its awesome. Wish i had changed over sooner. just enough power to have fun with but not too much. Got it as my first car and not looked back. Only got the back end well out of shape a few times. mainly due to the large amounts of rain us UK goons have to endure.

Ill miss her when she goes. cracking little car that has not broken down or had any major problem (alternator belt going). But i need something faster.

6 months and counting

lordmaf fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordmaf
Jul 23, 2007

willd58 posted:

Well played, thats a nice step up, but I don't think its as live able as a daily driver as a Miata can be.

Ive been wanted one for years. Taken 2 years to save up and get one.

No its definatly not as liveable as an mx5. for example i can get a pc in the boot of mine but the vx has a tidly little boot. But i live in a cracking town for fast good handling cars so the pros very much outweigh the cons.

Just to add. The Toyo Proxies T1-R's are awsome. got 4 of them fitted for 190 quid and they kick the living bejesus out of my old tyres. make the car so much more fun

lordmaf
Jul 23, 2007
sorry bud.

Keep forgeting this is a US forum.

Yeah its a VX220. They didnt make many of them. its basically a lotus elise with a different body, engine and running gear. A little heavier but with more torque than the K series lotus.

0-60 5.6s and 30-40 mpg. which is a nice bonus

lordmaf
Jul 23, 2007

mobn posted:

Well, Vauxhall is one of GM's UK marques, and given the police there drive Vauxhalls, I'd say they're fairly well known.

They never took off as well as the lotus tho. People dont think of vauxhalls as a sport car manufacture so it kind of flopped. drat good cars tho.

You can get a couple of bags of shopping in the boot and thats it. No glove box. No ac, powersteering, stereo wasnt even standard. Pain in the arse to get in, low to the ground so speed bumps are a pain. :)