Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
Joined the Miata crew this week with a '21 RF GT :toot:

This is my first manual, I've never driven stick before, I'm having a blast and stalling more than I'd like to admit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
I think the side profile of the RF is just hands down better looking than the softtop and was willing to make compromises regarding weight and wind buffeting to look cool

Regarding stall chat: you have to understand that I am very stupid

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
Looks great, even if they had to gently caress up those plastic trim bits and repaint the whole car to do it (lol)

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
been daily driving with the rule of "if its not actively raining the top is down" and now that we're headed into winter the heated seats are nice but my hands are cold.

anyone got any recommendations for driving gloves? no need for anything too bulky since this is california and it doesn't really get colder than 40F

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
Installed the mx5things window controller because I kept forgetting to fully raise the windows after putting up the roof. Those door trim clips are a real bitch and a half

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
Can't stop myself from loving around with this thing, so in goes the mx5things roof control module and a bunch of other interior baubles

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof

MetaJew posted:

The Mx5Things roof controller was 100% worth it and how the car should've come from the factory.

Honestly just the fact that I don't have to play the little "wait which way is up and which way is down" game every time I push that switch was worth the cost of entry, never mind all the other functions. Now I just need to figure out a good looking way to relabel the switch bezel.

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
Don't let the haters turn you off if you have a reason for getting an automatic Miata you should at least give it a test drive. Shifts aren't particularly fast but the paddles are nice and clicky. I test drove an auto ND2 since I didn't know how to drive stick.

then i bought the manual anyway and taught myself how to drive it and i'm probably still slower than the auto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
yeah but you could own two of them