Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

Binger Banger posted:

Can I call the NC a bloated, hideous piece of poo poo that's got nothing to do with what the NA/NB are about without getting banned in here?

Sure you can, but I think you are being a bit silly. With cars getting heavier and heavier a addition of around 200 pounds is not that bad. After I lost my 2000 SE to a wreck I decided to get a NC because of the side air bags. My NC feels a lot faster than my NB and I really like how the top works. The suspension is a bit softer but I only have the touring edition so it does have the sports suspension pack on it. I think the NC is a great car and is respectful to the Miata line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Mine doesn't but there are factory Ipod adapters.

Also, NC vs NB daily driving, both are fine. I'm a big fat guy(6'4 260), so I enjoy the more room in the NC. The 2000 SE interior was amazing so the the NC's touring interior is a bit of a step down. But a sport or grand touring have amazing interior. I almost bought a Grand Touring but found a lower mileage touring for less.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I have a bit more room in my NC than the NB, remember that you sat in a PHT NC, which might not have as much headroom as a standard NC.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Wouldn't that kind of uneven wear be caused be a alignment issue?

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I picked up a 2006 Touring with only 8k miles for 18.5k, I'm sure I could have found cheaper if I went Private seller but I could not find any close to me.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Blue book means nothing for Miatas.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

grover posted:

I'm probably going to test drive a new NC on saturday. Anything in particular I should look at that people feel are big pros/cons of the car?

Big pros for me were: Side airbags, more room, felt like it was faster than my NB.

Try looking for a used Grand Touring, I wish I would have held out for one.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Welp since I got an 06 NC, the order of packages with Club Spec, Touring, Sport, then Grand Touring. Touring only had cloth seats and a five speed. I really wish I could have found a used Copper red GT. I love leather seats, and the Tan and Copper Red look so good together.

It looks like now the order is Sport, Touring, Grand Touring. So the difference between Touring and GT isn't that much but cloth top and radio.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Some interesting news for the NC owners.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-talk/viewtopic.php?t=883

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

mobn posted:

Wow, no thanks. For that money, I'll stick with Flyin' Miata's turbo kit.

What kit, I see nothing on their site.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I see no kit for a NC(2006+), that was my original link was for.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
SD would be cleaner looking most likely and with the sizes you can get SD in now, I doubt you would be changing cards often.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Clear your drains and pray your rainrail is ok.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Classic "It's time to buy some parts"

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Phone lose the pin stripes, those things are so distracting.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
You mean from paint fade, or they installed one over another?

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I've always been bothered by the crappy MPG both my Miatas have gotten compared to my MR2. I've never seen over 30 on my NB or NC.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Having owned every generation and being 6'4, the NC has the most room, followed by the NA with the door arm rests removed. My NB was a 2000 SE and by far had the nicest interior compared to the other cars. The NC base interior is very cheap feeling, and after a couple years just seemed like a pain to keep clean, and the shiny dash just showed every scratch.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I think Phone is, he was running his mouth on facebook about it.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Makes me miss my 2000SE. Good looking car.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
That picture is pretty awesome man. A bit of the money from the Miata sell went to buy a new reel to reel.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
If they release the new Mazda6 wagon with diesel, I might jump on that.

To keep this Miata related, this is the first time is almost ten years my family is without one. It's weird.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I was about to say, I swear I never shat in the Miata. You asked a bit back if installed those speakers in the headrest, I did not. Did you install the arm rest back in, or you keeping the way it is currently? Even for a tiny dude like yourself, I'm sure the extra room is nice.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Phone, if you get a NC, going with a power hardtop?

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Don't sell the HT!

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

blk posted:

Anyone have an opinion on MR2 Spyders?

I've owned NA,NB, and a NC, all while owning a MR2 Spyder. I still own the MR2 if that says anything. It's not as practical as a Miata. But I enjoy the goofball looks more, the interior is more roomy for my 6'4 frame, and it gets a lot better MPG than any of the Miatas I've owned. As far as performance, I think the MR2 is the same as the NA/NB.

Leica giving you a hard time about the hardtop. I'm very happy I sold it to you man, can't wait to run around the gap with ya, if we can ever get that off the ground.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Bluetooth audio doesn't bother you? It always sounds horrible to me.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I kind of regret selling my Miatas, what I thought was gonna be my fun car has been stolen by my wife. Leica, I'm taking mine back drat it.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
That's the problem, I never get to drive it. She says she is never gonna get rid of it, she loves that drat car. So time to sell some stereo equipment and go Miata shopping after the holidays.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

GOD IS BED posted:

17-18k sounds about right for that mileage to me.

If you're looking at roadsters, is there a reason you're looking at NC Miatas over an S2000? Just curious for people's reasoning on this- my wife wanted my car to have a hardtop, so that discounted the Honda for myself, but the high rev limit and extra horsepower was tempting.

S2000 is designed for people the size of Phone.

Phone is short.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I used to pour sand into the gears, maybe that's it. Sorry dude.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Awesome, so glad I sold the car to you. You keeping the tape deck right? I mean how else are you going to play the Duran Duran tapes.

TooLShack fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 30, 2014

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I just hope I can fit in it.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I thought you guys were joking about Duran Duran.

Man it looks good though, now torn between this and slingshot.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
That's a great looking car you go there, yellow really is the best car color.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Do you finally feel tall Phone?

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
No fun colors? Where is a god drat yellow.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
As someone who is 6'4 and has owned all models ranges, the na and nc are the best for taller people.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Let me know if you ever ditch the NA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

leica posted:

You gonna want it back? Might be awhile, it needs some work before I can even think about selling it.

I'd like to, but gotta be realistic and say I won't be able to do it, new shop isn't making enough money yet.