Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Contemplating selling my Turbo '92 Greddy miata - located in Wenatchee WA - 110k miles on it. It's a 10 footer car at best, but the car runs great and is well cared for. Had the turbo on the car for ~15k miles so it's all shaken down. I'm thinking asking $3500 would be good, sell the hardtop separately. Cars tend to be kinda expensive in the PNW, thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

blk posted:

If the hardtop is red I'll buy it; I'm in Portland.

It's black - would look OK on a red car.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I thought there is no way that is something an OEM would produce, that's nuts.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

More miatas in boone video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqDhRtqxOs

(hopefully i'd learned by this point in the week about those mystery lines)

Your car sounds like poo poo, you're a lovely driver, and you're an rear end in a top hat for driving like that on public roads.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

puberty worked me over posted:

why is every fuckin miata $2,000 more than KBB (which is high to start) within 300 miles of me

furthermore what fuckin idiot pays $5k for a 100,000 mile car that's 15 years old and makes 142 to the crank?

Try 7-8k.

I find as cars get older kbb becomes less and less accurate. Additionally for desirable cars like sports cars and pickups it's especially true. The na/nb is a really fun car to drive that is dead reliable. If you can get a 2000 nb in good shape with 100k for 5k that can be a decent price depending on the market.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Voltage posted:

My friends dad bought and early s2000 thinking it would be a modern classic and put it away in storage with under 30k miles. Definitely a solid move!

Unfortunately for me they are way too drat expensive. I drove it once and it was truly sublime.

Anyways my quest for a nice miata continues. Basically looking for any rust free '1.8 NA/NB under 4k or NC hard top under 8k. Really sucks there isn't any simple roadster with decent power other than the s2k that is semi reliable.

How is that a solid move? Having a car collecting dust seems like the stupidest poo poo ever.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I think the NC appearance wise has aged pretty well. I used to really like the look of the NB, now not so much. When I buy another Miata - if it's the next 5 years or so, it will be an NC. I like the idea of a bit more comfortable car and the motor specs seem pretty nice.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I'm almost more offended by the thought that you need power locks in a Miata. It's teeny and you shouldn't be locking it anyway.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Fancy stereo in a noisy car doesn't make much sense. Especially when you factor in the theft factor.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

um excuse me posted:

Small update. Got wheels.

You may think these are the BBS limited edition wheels, but these are a bit of a unicorn. Made in 1985, these wheels are manufactured by Work and they went by the name Ewing Mesh. drat near impossible to find, even harder in 4x100. I will be spending the next century trying to find a missing center cap.

I think you’d be surprised what bbs has parts for. Have you tried eBay?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I had wet okeole neoprene seat covers in the miata for a span of time. I thought they were nice / comfy. Only downside was dog hair stuck to it like whoa, and I had a dog that I took to work daily.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

um excuse me posted:

I'd absolutely say keep looking for stock stuff. $5000 is very nice Miata territory. Walk away from rust, beat up interiors, bad paint, engine fuckery, and mileage over 100kmi.

How many decent shape NAs are even out there that are under 100k? At best you're talking a 21 year old car now. Condition is far more important than miles at this point regardless. The NA is a stupidly reliable car so 100k+ shouldn't concern you if everything else looks good.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I think I got around $750 for my hardtop which had a not great repaint job on it. Either be patient or willing to take less. Everyone will try to lowball, that's just part of the deal. Counteroffer a little bit less than what you are asking, someone will bite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Targas ain't the same.