Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Picture taken with my new lens.

Can I get a side shot of your car? I want to see what mine might potentially look like with black wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I just knew you were you going to say the top looked fine.

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
No problem with my windblocker other than it popping out once when I was messing around with it for some reason. I've had mine for about 1.5 years so maybe mine is going to break soon?

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde

iscariot posted:

A hail storm that rolled through last month installed about 20 holes in the soft top.

So next time it hails I should try to keep my car protected? Last week it hailed (pea sized) in DFW and I didn't get any damage. What size hail are we talking about? Golf ball?

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
How slow can you go with the top down before you start to get wet? I was going down the highway when it started to rain so I put the top back up when I found an overpass and was amazed I wasn't wet.

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Not sure if they were affected but my 06 GT has:

brake creaking issues
top latch rattle
drain plug where the top folds into may get clogged and will get your floor wet
poor AM radio reception

Nothing major mechanically as far as I can tell and I'm at 26000 miles on mine. I read that the spec racers were breaking a shifter fork or something but I'm not sure that'll affect you as I don't know how you drive.

Also, I'm getting out of the Miata business. Needs me some trunk and passenger space.

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde

joey deere posted:

There's a TSB for this, and the brake creak.

Yeah I've seen those and I wasn't super bothered enough to go take it in. I'm going to sell my NC now though, probably to CarMax. Think they'll care about those issues?

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Hey I was rotating my tires on my NC and I noticed one of the screws on the front driver's side rotor was backing out. Any idea why it would be backing out? Never had it happen on any of my other cars.

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Well, I guess there are two screws that hold the rotor in or something. Been a while since I've actually replaced a rotor but there are a couple of phillips screws in between the studs and one of them backed out, if that made any sense.

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Yeah, those are it. Thanks.

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Hey let's bring a lot of cash somewhere in the middle of the night and meet someone we don't know!! GREAT IDEA!!! I actually heard someone in Dallas was robbed 'cause he went to someone's house to buy a tv with about 2 g's in cash on him as well. Here's hoping nobody goes. Or if they do they bring some cops.

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Anybody mind sharing some Craiglist searching tips? Currently I just have "miata - automatic" and search the title/body of the post. Wondering if you guys have any other key words I can't think of. I just started looking a few weeks ago on Craiglist and I'm tired of $1 cars or some random car with every model car ever made.

I traded my '06 in for a Tundra and rue it to this day :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azzenco
Jan 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde

I'm all for being neighborly and all but gently caress her right out of the neighborhood. How late can you party? Party late and then rise early because gently caress her.