Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Justed wanted to chime in and say that I just bought a 03' LS and I freaking love it. Albeit it's a bit smaller than my previous car (93 MR2).

Anyone know how I can find out what came with my car when it left the lot when it was first sold? I have the 1-800-222-5500 number, but it seems that their HQ is based in California where all the fires and winds are at the moment so they have been closed all this week. Just need to find out if my car actually came with a keyless remote system, as I didn't get a remote when I bought the car. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Grats on the find Amir!

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Yokohead posted:

MR2 junkie turned Miata convert, I absolutely /love/ this car. I've never had such a silly grin driving around since I bought my first car back in the day. Almost picked up a cherried out '88 MR2.. sold two hours after I talked to the guy, and saw this one immediately after on Craigslist.

So-oh-god-fun.

Hey there ex-MR2 junkie buddy! Had a black 91T before I just recently picked up my 03 Miata in the same color as yours! Good stuff! :)

@Angor and Guiness :

I know some of the NB's of the 01-03 models have that problem. It's called "clutch shudder" or "clutch chatter" See service bulletin

Etrips fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 21, 2007

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
So... anyone have any suggestions for some first mod(s)? Perhaps in the $500 range or so? I really have no idea what to do first... :(

Edit : Bone stock 03 LS

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
To be honest, I'm satisfied with the power as of right now. Perhaps a little later down the line.

As far as in tires, Im plannin on getting some snow tires up in the coming weeks since Im on the east coast (Virginia) where it snows a bit when it comes time.

Guinness posted:

Tires and a mroe aggressive alignment. Hands down.

Your shocks should be fine on a 2003 car, unless it has a million billion miles on it.

Car only has 20k miles :)

On a side note, how much does it normally cost to pull a ding/dent out? Someone gartefully left me a quarter size ding on my door today while I was at work and its a drat eyesore.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

streetlamp posted:

When talking to him though he kept mentioning how much I could make by parting it out which Im not arguing

Going to go with Amir here and say to stay away. Hes trying to push a sale for a reason.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Hey all,

In need of some advise. While driving on the highway today, my 03 miata (23k miles) popped a check engine light. What's my best course of action to get this fixed or what might be a likely problem? Really don't want to have to take in to the stealership if I don't have to :(

Side note, one of my friends said it might be the oil, but I still have another 2k miles or so before another oil change.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

cheezer posted:

Canned response for this question: Go to your local Autozone / Advance Auto and use their OBDII scanner (for free) to find out what code(s) it's giving. Ask Google what those numbers mean and then get back to us for more help.

Cel code P0456.

Edit: It looks like it might be my gas cap...? :wtc:

Edit2: Retightened the gas cap, and reseted the cel code. No cel code is up! For now...

Etrips fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 30, 2008

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
So this is my first "new(er)" car that I have ever owned with such low mileage. I'm coming up close to 30k miles, and while I went to go do my oil change today, the sales rep handed me a little brochure for a "Major Service Interval". He gave me a price of $540 to do everything that's listed. Would it be better to go somewhere else to do it or just suck it up and let the stealership do it?

Also is there an easy way of removing a dealer sticker decal thing without scratching up my car? :(

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Etrips posted:

So this is my first "new(er)" car that I have ever owned with such low mileage. I'm coming up close to 30k miles, and while I went to go do my oil change today, the sales rep handed me a little brochure for a "Major Service Interval". He gave me a price of $540 to do everything that's listed. Would it be better to go somewhere else to do it or just suck it up and let the stealership do it?

Also is there an easy way of removing a dealer sticker decal thing without scratching up my car? :(

Anyone? :(

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
It's a pretty big list that they have.. Will post it when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Guinness posted:

But is most of it just "Check x, Check y, Check z" and very little actual "Replace x, flush y, adjust z"? Because that's not really any real amount of labor or skill.

What year is your car?

03 LS

Edit:

- Change engine oil and filter
- Install Castle oil additive (?)
- Check transmission coolant level
- Inspect and clean exterior of radiator core\
- Test coolant & flush coolant
- Replace air cleaner element
- Clutch adjustment
- Inspect exhaust system
- Replace spark plugs
- Adjust ignition timing
- Inspect motor transmissions mount
- Check ignition wiring and timing control system
- Check and adjust idle speeds
- Inspect PCV valve
- Check fuel lines and connections, change fuel filter
- Inspect charcoal canister
- Clean and adjust front and rear brakes
- Measure brake pads and flush brake lines
- Inspect steering operation, tie rod ends and rack guides
- Measure tire wear and adjust tire pressure
- Rotate and high speed balance all tires
- Inspect all fluids
- Lubrication of all recommended areas
- Install Castle Fuel System Conditioner (?)
- Test EGR system and fuel injection system
- Clean throttle body

Etrips fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 28, 2008