Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.
Purity box in the shed, yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

MetaJew posted:

Any other ND owners in here that use Android Auto?

I don't know if it's an issue with my phone, or the car, or an app update, but the interface has become very slow and laggy.

I use Android Auto in my ND (dealership upgrade, not flashed/cracked) and think the overall system is pretty poor, but haven't had that issue.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.
Almost identical to the Konig Ampliform (though five spoke rather than six) in design and colour - I was tempted to chuck em on my ceramic metallic too but they're just not bronze enough for my taste.

They're lighter than ampliforms though, and look to have better clearance - do eet!

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.
ND Model: In case anyone else has finds themselves in the same circumstance as me (enjoys track but can't legally get buckets or a roll bar due to cost or specifically for Australians - draconian car modding laws) - there's a fujimura harness bracket you can get for a hundred bucks that allows you to mount a four point harness on the stock seat.

The cool thing is, if you're an idiot willing to risk damaging your seat, turns out you can absolutely just remove the stitching on the seat headrest pass through mesh and have the harness straps pass right through - pic attached. I'll need to put a daub of super glue on some threads to make sure nothing splits (and somehow one of my headrest call/navigation speakers stopped working at the same time - no idea), but it's workable!

Hopefully this will reduce the amount of being thrown around in the cabin that I got prior - semi slicks, firm coilovers/sways and a factory three point is a rough combo for long track days!

https://www.rhdjapan.com/fujimura-auto-4-point-seat-belt-harness-anchor-right-hand-side-roadster-nd5rc.html

Isolationist fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 31, 2023

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.
Jumping in as forum BBR hater (having spent a bunch on their gear, full Super200 kit incl engine back exhaust) - friends don't let friends buy BBR.

I track with a guy with a stock 2L ND2 and an AVO turbo 1.5L. No gearbox issues thus far on the 1.5L, and he's putting out identical numbers to my dyno tuned and built (but NA) ND1. When I ask him if he'd do it again he says no, the heat management is a nightmare and there were a lot of modifications he felt he shouldn't have needed to make in chasing gremlins out of the whole setup.

Dude's quick though, almost exactly the same lap times as me (though he runs shorter sessions).

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

MetaJew posted:

Aurora(?) adjustable lowered seat rails.

Not applicable in this instance (going aftermarket seat) , but I have the Aurora/Blackbird Fab works lowering kit on my ND and I've previously installed and removed the Paco: Paco may get you lower but is a bastard to shift around, and it turned out uncomfortable as poo poo to me as you end up on an odd angle (pitched forward) and no longer really pointed 'at' the wheel, instead a bit off centre.

Aurora is much better in both respects, the downside is: it's noisy. I did a 6,000 km camping trip right after installing it and came back driving cautiously as I thought something had broken internally/come lose. Bit of rattling, the thigh support bar ends up able to be pulled up and down a little (maybe a quarter inch of play) etc. Still worth it, I'll not be swapping back to stock or the pacos.

I've got a radiator and a mishimoto oil cooler going in next week in time for an upcoming track day in 45 degree heat (113f), bloody hell FL22 coolant is $150 USD in Australia - nightmare!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.
Anyone know anything about bride seat rails? I'm looking to put a Stradia III (reclining race seat) in my ND to get me as low as possible, after the Aurora/blackworks lowering rail on stock seat started rattling like crazy. New plan is to strip the heating element from the stock seta and chuck it in the stradia, resulting in an oem+ seating setup and hopefully getting it back low enough that I can wear a helmet on track (not possible with the stock rails).

Problem is Bride comparability lists two rails/brackets that are compatible for the car/seat, the LR type and the RO type - with no details as to which is lower. I've emailed Bride to no avail, unfortunately.

Isolationist fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 6, 2024