Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I test drove a '23 RF today, it was an auto, mainly wanted to make sure I fit. It was a lot of fun to give it some gas and not move very fast. I mean that in a good way.

Local dealership has 2 GT manuals on the lot, 1 soft, 1 rf. But wants $1500 in tint/ppf instead of adm. I don't think either has the brake/seat package though. Do I really need it? Or I could order a Club, they said maybe 3 months. Idk how long I will have this. Also sales guy says he's never seen them get a blue one in. There's a '22 soft top gt manual for $32k. hmm.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I bought a '22 soft top club with the brembo package today! Has a little under 9k miles. Not sure what the prev owner was up to, but he only had this a few months, took it to a Ziebert for rust protection (in New Mexico???), some kind of paint protection, and some fabric protect. He also bought like 2 months before he sold it, a 72 month service contract with some company. He left the paperwork in the car, and it says he's on a monthly payment plan. I'll figure this poo poo out later.

Only time I've driven a manual was a 3 speed Jeep CJ-5 we kept at my grandmas. Spent a few hours driving around, stalled or chirped tires a number of times trying to get into 1st. I had my iphone in that little slot next to the usb ports and it overheated lol.

How do I take care of the soft top? I got a pressure washer and foam cannon, but for this little thing I'm not sure if I need it.

idk if anyone is looking for a new rf gt, but I almost bought this one, that price on the site is real and they don't do markups. https://express.mazdamarket.com/express/JM1NDAM79N0507753?deal_type=cash&payment_frequency=month

phosdex fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 6, 2023

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I notice the manual lists lug nut torque as a range, 80-108 ft lb. Is that strange?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

MetaJew posted:

I also installed a Garmin Mini 2 dashcam with the Mx5things mirror power adapter. The only frustrating thing there is that the lane departure camera unit takes up a big chunk of the windshield and limits where you can place the camera without obstructing the view.

I checked out that mirror adapter but I guess I don't have the right mirror. I ran the power cable down the passenger side A pillar for a Viofo A139.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Soul Red is pretty cool. My other car is grey and I'm loving over grey cars.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

If I had bought new and had the choice, I would have gone with the Deep Blue. But the used market is basically all grey, red, white.

Everybody waves at me when I drive this thing.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Had my nd2 for 2 weeks now, put 1000 miles on it. Kinda wondering how much power loss I'm seeing due to altitude at 6500-7500 ft. If I keep this past warranty I can see adding a turbo. Still fairly clunky at getting going, and I can't smooth out the 1st to 2nd shift unless I go really slow.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

How do you deal with the auto up/down window thing leaving streaks when you wash your car?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I wave at miatas and then other people in convertibles with the top-down.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Yo, someone posted about the Goodwin racing RoadsterSport SuperStreet muffler awhile back. https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-1787.html

How's the verdict now? I've been thinking about buying one, can I drive around my neighborhood w/o making people mad?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I ordered that Goodwin Racing muffler Friday and it just got delivered. I watched a couple install vids, hopefully I can have this on by the weekend.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Managed to install my goodwin muffler without problem. Sounds great! I finished as rush hour got going so I only took it for a short drive so far. What do I do the old muffler?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Fish Cake posted:

Joined the Miata crew this week with a '21 RF GT :toot:

This is my first manual, I've never driven stick before, I'm having a blast and stalling more than I'd like to admit

Nice, I got my first manual in May and I still stall sometimes.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I have the Daytona low profile one from Harbor Freight too and it can get under my nd.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Nodoze posted:

I had a previous ND2 and it had quite a bit of body roll and everyone said just do the sway bars, I never ended up doing it though since it was a lease. I ordered a 2023 GT and it will coming in the next week or so, so I started looking into those again. Just do the FM sways and call it a day? How "real" is the front sway bar mounting failure thing

Do you know if you're getting a 23 or 24?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I test drove an auto nd2 to make sure I fit and stuff before I bought my manual.