Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Gear Head posted:

What is AI's opinion on mismatched hardtops? Black top on white car, red on white, etc. And why isn't an OEM making cheap hardtops :mad:
Two tone Miatas look amazing. Vex's NB is blue/black two tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

PancakeTransmission posted:

Are brake scoops on the nose actually useful, when there is no track work involved?

The airbox/intake is right behind the driver side headlight. Yes it is useful.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Picture taken with my new lens. Imagepup compressed the hell out of the file though :(

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just go in through the top. Put your arm down by the firewall and reach under the intake manifold.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Phone posted:

Miata.net thread of along the lines of "what if I made a fastback hardtop, would you guys buy it?"
Do you have a link?

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Schwack posted:

Ok, so a 97 M with 57k on it, worth 6400?

It has also had the tbelt done recently.

For the same price you can buy my Silver 99' .

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No thanks

Return Of JimmyJars fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 23, 2010

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Slopehead posted:

Alright I stand overwhelmingly corrected.

That being said is this still a decent enough deal if I am able to talk the guy down towards the TMV?

Edit: I am on a budget and don't really want to spend more than $5K on a vehicle, TT&L included.

Spend $500 more and buy my 99 miata.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Slopehead posted:

Thanks for the kind words guys. I had sincerely hoped that a bit of research would do me good. Jimmy Jars and I have been exchanging emails about his NB. We'll see how it turns out. In all reality I don't really need a small sports car. I need a boring, very reliable, extremely fuel efficient commuter car. In my current path of work I can easily expect to commute between 30-50+ miles one way and sadly, the Miata really doesn't have the fuel economy I absolutely need on my budget especially in the days of $3+/gal gasoline.

Maybe I can pick up an old Saturn instead.

Fake edit: Phone, what is an LSD, and why is a torson swap needed?

Let me know if you changed your mind so I can go take the photos you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

cods posted:

I'm saving up for a fun daily driver. I'm considering an e30 3 series or an NA miata. I'm looking to spend $4-5k.

Willing to spend a little more? You can have this fine example of a miata. I also want to whore out some photos I just took.