Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelWav
Oct 11, 2007

I'm liking a lot Godspeed You! Black Emperor's Lift Yr Skinny Fists right now. I discovered them in 2001 but I never found any of their albums anywhere, until this summer when I bought F#A#oo.

I bought Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven a couple of weeks ago. Storm is sending shivers down my spine. To me this is one of the greatest instrumental song ever in this genre.

Also from Montreal, if you're in Canada (Quebec more specifically), you may want to check this out:

Pawa Up First - Introducing New Details

It's post-rock, but it's also funky, prog and jazzy. Really cool. There's rapping on a couple of songs, but if you don't mind that, the rest is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelWav
Oct 11, 2007

Hollis Brown posted:

And about F#A#∞, I believe that listeners must listen to this on vinyl if they are to truly appreciate the work. I hope i'm not coming off as a vinyl snob, but the concept of the album itself is for it to repeat those two notes at the end of the record for as long as the record spins. I think without knowing the story behind the album with the train tracks by the studio and the flattened penny, one can not truly appreciate it for what it is.

I tried to search for the story with the train tracks but didn't find anything besides what you said.

As for this album, I like it very much, but to me it's far less consistent and wanders around aimlessly much more than their later stuff.