Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoot Horn Rollo
Nov 13, 2007
I saw a bozo under the sea
Couple of local Scottish bands I'd like to toss into the post-rock mixer.

Gasgiant are an instrumental sextet from (mostly) Edinburgh. They have a slightly different sound due to one of the guitarists using a violin bow on her guitar which gives off a rather haunting effect.

http://www.myspace.com/gasgiant song to listen to: "Slo-core".

Seen them once and they blew me away.

Shutter are from Inverness and are another instrumental post-rock band. More straightforwardly rock than Gasgiant, they are very, very loud in person.

http://www.myspace.com/shutterscotland song to listen to: "Hope in the Skies".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoot Horn Rollo
Nov 13, 2007

Tusk posted:

This band is amazing, just discovered them a few days ago. Their mix of sound is intriguing and powerful.

Maybe try up-c down-c left-c right-c abc+Start. They're a pretty generic post-rock band, but they're somewhat more aggressive than the likes of mogwai.

Zoot Horn Rollo
Nov 13, 2007

Juice Box posted:

Yay for a new Post Rock thread!!

I have also been really digging the new This Will Destroy You album for awhile. Alongside the new Sigur Ros 2-disc set, of course.

I need to go through my library and post some new ideas for you guys to check out once I get home.

OiNK getting shut down really put a damper on my "discovering new and amazing post rock" routine though =/

afterthepostrock.com is a pretty useful site for people uploading post-rock albums, though. I had a post-rock blog stashed somewhere in my favourites. I'll see if I can dig that out, too.

Zoot Horn Rollo
Nov 13, 2007
Oceansize always remind me of Aerogramme, but just nowhere near as good.

Came across some don't mess with texas and to be a high powered executive today. I enjoyed both bands.