Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Just got the new 65dayofstatic newsletter. They posted one of the tracks of the new cd. It's called "Crash Tactics".

Get it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Is awesome a genre?

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Is Silent Running only available on vinyl and digital? No CD?

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Starsnostars posted:

Now that The Silent Ballet is dead where does everyone find out about post rock stuff? I feel like I've been missing out on a lot lately.

The weekly Post-rock paper scissors podcast is pretty good.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Silent Ballet is gone? Shiiiiit :( I found out about a bunch of bands through them. RIP.

Here's another site you can check out:
http://nowlikephotographs.com/

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Spotify's Discover Weekly recently recommended me a track by the band Wander called March:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY3tGxeC5PI

I don't know how far behind the curve I am, but I really enjoyed it.
Reminds me a bit of Yndi Halda

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The Fountain might be one of the best soundtracks I ever heard. Ok, that is also due to Clint Mansell and the Kronos Quartet, but still. Death is the Road to Awe and Together We Will Live Forever kill me.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Bonk posted:

This BLACKSHAPE album came out in 2021, but flew under my radar until I got a Youtube recommendation recently.

Mostly instrumental (vocals on one track) and described as "post-mathcore", but they sound almost like a proggier Holy Fawn.

They released a video for ITIIITIATIIHYLIHYL a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXqNwcrVq_Q

It kinda blew up, and I love the comments the band / other people involved posted under the video. For once, it's good to read comments. They are just so happy they are getting the attention they deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Saw 65daysofstatic yesterday, going to see Explosions in a few weeks. Feels like 2005 again