Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Mogwai played at one of my first ever shows at 12 and I barely even remember it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

Mogwai have just announced an NZ/AU tour. I can't wait, I've been dying to see them for years*

(*I briefly saw them when I was 12 but can't remember / didn't care at the time)

Captain_Person fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 7, 2023

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

drat you were way cooler than me when I was 12 lol

Mogwai is fantastic live, I saw them soon after they released Rave Tapes and :swoon:

Fake edit: absolutely bring ear plugs, excellent advice

lol my parents took me to a huge charity fundraising gig, it was Franz Ferdinand and Travis I was most looking forward to.

I've worn earplugs ever since I saw A Place To Bury Strangers in a pub years back, that was intensely loud

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

Just scored tickets to see Jakob next month, they're apparently going to be playing new material. Hope that means a new album isn't far off!

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

gently caress I'm actually gonna be in the UK in August but we leave on that Friday. Really hope for at least an Explosions in the Sky tour, I've been wanting to see them for years now.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

Two weeks to Mogwai here and I'm very excited!

Loudest show I've ever been to was A Place to Bury Strangers. Played for 45 minutes at a small pub (RIP Kings Arms) and even with earplugs I came away ringing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

Explosions in the Sky just announced shows in NZ/AUS! This makes deciding if I was going to bother seeing them while on holiday in the UK much easier