Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chairdoctor
May 31, 2001

The doctor is in.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Red Sparowes are a great band. If you like them it definitely wouldn't hurt to check out Russian Circles, which at times sounds like a harder Red Sparowes.
Actually, everyone check out Russian Circles. They've toured with Pelican and Mono so you know they're good.

Russian Circles also just signed to Suicide Squeeze and are aiming to have their next record out some time in the spring. Enter was one of my favorite records of '06 so I can't wait to see what they put out this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairdoctor
May 31, 2001

The doctor is in.

aerdil posted:

Coincidentally, I also ordered three EITS records and two Mono records from auralexploits. Those all arrived with warped discs as well.

I've ordered all the Temporary Residence stuff I have (with the exception of the latest EitS record which was purchased at the show) from them directly and everything has been pristine. They usually sell their vinyl for cheaper than most distros too so you may want to look into just buying it direct.

chairdoctor
May 31, 2001

The doctor is in.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Fuuuuuuuuck. I was gonna go see This Will Destroy You next Tuesday at Spanish Moon in Baton Rouge with some friends, but they canceled the show :smith:

I just found out.

I was planning on hitting that show up too, and I have no idea what happened. The promoter took the date of his site, then the date showed up with *CANCELLED* next to it on TWDY's myspace page. I sent them a message to see if they were going to make up the date, but they never responded.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Is it Burning off Impunities or whatever they came out with last year? That one was pretty good.

edit: Looks like they released stuff in May and are going to have something else out in October, sweet.

I haven't heard the new one, Doomsdayer's Holiday, yet, but the EP from over the summer, Take Refuge in Clean Living is fantastic. These guys are getting better with each release and just cranking out the material. I hope they tour again soon.

chairdoctor
May 31, 2001

The doctor is in.

THIS.

Oh my God, I just got back from seeing them and they were loving incredible. So much more relentless than any other instrumental rock/metal band I've seen. And you're so right siig, the drummer was probably the most fun to watch out of all of them because of just how crazy he performs. They're really nice, too, as Atomic Hotdog said. I talked with them after the show and they seemed to be really appreciative that I came out and loved their music.

My favorite songs of their set were my two favorite songs of theirs (Show Me The Season and Monoliths). They loving slayed on those. The whole set was incredible, but it was like they pulled out all the stops for those two in particular, which was great because those are the two I wanted to see the most.

They pretty much kill it every time. I missed them in BR on Tuesday due to work the next morning but I've seen them 5 times now and they never disappoint. My only complaint is that they don't play any of their pre-Inventions material anymore which was absolutely gorgeous live. I asked Coley about it after one show and he basically said they didn't feel that it represents who they are anymore blah blah blah. I totally get that (plus there have been a few lineup changes) but that fist time I saw them at the Spanish Moon back in 02 that poo poo blew my mind. Hopefully they've got some more new material on the way.

chairdoctor
May 31, 2001

The doctor is in.

On the topic of Maserati, I haven't heard any pre-Inventions material. I love Inventions, and I'm definitely digging the new album Passages, and you all are making their earlier stuff sound interesting, so I'm thinking I need to check it out.

The earlier stuff is more in the vein of typical post-rock with less of the psych influence that there current stuff has. It's still good though, especially Language of Cities. Their first album, 37:29:24, is pretty good but the guys seem to think it's pretty poor and don't want to rerelease it. Also check out the split they did with the Mercury Program called "The Confines of Heat." Great stuff there, especially the Mercury Program tracks.

Speaking of the Mercury Program, the pre-order for Chez Viking just went up on their website: http://www.mercuryprogram.com/ It's been 7 years since A Data Learn the Language and I'm really eager to hear what they've come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairdoctor
May 31, 2001

The doctor is in.

Rageaholic posted:

I saw Godspeed again and they loving closed with East Hastings :psyboom: I've been wanting to hear that song live for like 20 years ever since I first heard it in 28 Days Later. That's the song that got me into them. Life = complete.

e: More specifically The Sad Mafioso... section of East Hastings

I'm still weirded out that the played in Baton Rouge and not New Orleans, but that may be the best show of theirs I've seen. Kind of kicking myself for skipping the last two times they came through.