Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Medical posted:

Allow me to introduce Kyte. They are what Sigur Rós would sound like if they were from the UK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BsAUZ7a81w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR2F_InVpis

I'm surprised it took this long to introduce this mediocre band to this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Haha people hyping a post-rock band on a bad punk forum

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Finally, someone mentions a good band like The Ascent of Everest, unlike boring TWDY or God is an Astronaut poo poo or whatever the My Goon Post-Rock Recommendations are.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

I forgot Mercury Program. As in, I forgot that they were lame too.

albear fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 26, 2010

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Zudak posted:

Oooh, that's really nice stuff. Reminds me a little of The Ascent of Everest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9l1IRaQ9s

EDIT: Okay, whoa, that'll teach me to just skim poo poo. This is... quite a bit heavier than AoE.

Oh hey, my video.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

I live in Boise and am going to the 9/11 show. :911:

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place is 10 years old?! :stare:

I mean, I guess that makes sense because I was listening to that album when I first started listening to EITS in '05, but still.

Oh Christ, that means in 2 years, I'll have been listening to post-rock for 10 years :stonk:

This makes me feel really old since I got into post-rock through EITS's album Those Who Tell the Truth... when that was released.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Tha Chodesweller posted:

I saw This Will Destroy You last night. They loving rocked. Last show of their tour, though, so they didn't have any merch in my size. :(

Saw these guys at Treefort Music Fest. Not my favorite band but still an incredible show.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Protocol7 posted:

New TWDY streaming over at Pitchfork. I agree with everything I've read about it here. The best way for me to describe it personally is that nothing is particularly bad, just that nothing is particularly groundbreaking or spine-tingling. Definitely a lot of filler.

In my opinion, that describes TWDY as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

albear
Jun 7, 2001

hatelull posted:

How is This Will Destroy You live? They're playing here later this month, and while I love that self-title LP I haven't heard the new stuff.

Saw them at Treefort Music Fest, they were kinda meh.