Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerpal
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's weird.
There's a new album out from the loving awesome Shoegaze band Destroyalldreamers called Wish I Was All Flames. If there is a band that doesn't sound like EITS, it's these guys. They are very spacey and atmospheric but have an awesome loving bassist. Their site is http://www.destroyalldreamers.com/dad-en.html

I'm still letting the new album grow on me but their old album is simply spectacular. Probably the best post-rock I've listened to lately. The other album is called A Coeur Leger Sommeil Sanglant, something in French being that they're a French-Canadian band.

If anyone knows more stuff that sounds like this, please do tell!

If you're looking for particular songs to check out from this band, I recommend:
Facultatives imaginaires, en robe et en éclats and Swirling colours sink (which is in the link above)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerpal
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's weird.

Ego Piano posted:

Samuel Jackson Five - Easily Misunderstood

If you like postrock, or rock, or music, you need to get this. At the risk of gushing GBS-style hyperbole, this is an incredible album, and I think these guys are some of the biggest up-and-comers in postrock. It's been around since 2005, but a lot of people seemed to have missed this one. Just get it.

This album is loving awesome. I don't necessarily know why it's always labeled post rock, though. A lot of it just sounds like straight out rock/jazz to me but what do I know. Another good band that isn't necessarily the same but also loving rocks is the Mercury Program and specifically their album All the Suits Began to Fall Off. Awesome stuff! Listen to Marianas, great song.

Kerpal
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's weird.
Eternal Bliss by Yndi Halda is amazing. Similar to EITS and yet so different at the same time. The end of the first track where it climaxes and the guys start singing/humming along is epic!

Kerpal
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's weird.
Any checked out Johnnytwentythree, they're pretty cool. Apparently their first album was used to score a movie but they also released it as a stand alone album. It's really cool and different from the more familiar EITS/Caspian kind of bands I think.

You can check them out at their Myspace Page

Kerpal
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's weird.
Echoing support for The Samuel Jackson Five, Alcest, and even Agalloch and Fen (as metal as they are post-rock). Is there anything Similar to the Red Sparrowes that isn't Isis, Russian Circles, or North?

Kerpal
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's weird.
I was just listening to Sleepmakeswaves today, they are quite awesome.

Kerpal
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's weird.
I must agree with all of this Russian Circles masturbation, they are quite awesome. Reminds me of Isis but they incorporate a lot more post-rock.

Kerpal
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's weird.
If anyone is interested I've been working on a post-rockish/metal influenced song that you can check out at this thread and comment on if you'd like.

Kerpal
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's weird.

SgtScruffy posted:

I saw El Ten Eleven the other night (for the first time), and they were pretty good. I'm not the hugest fan of them, so I didn't really know a lot of songs off the top of my head, it was still worth the money to see double neck bass+guitar wankery

I saw them over in West Hollywood pretty recently and they were awesome. I thought for two guys and a light show it was very impressive. I'm probably a bigger fan than you though so I'm biased I guess.

Pelican is playing a show in December in LA so that should be :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerpal
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's weird.
Not strictly post-rock but I just released an album called Temporal on Bandcamp if anyone is looking for new music:

https://atomey.bandcamp.com/album/temporal