Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
So, that was a brilliant gig by 65. Played the new stuff we've already heard from the last tour, and two new songs for the first time. One of which was about 8 minutes long and epic as gently caress. Hopefully there will be bootlegs!

Also the opening support act was a guy in a dinosaur outfit playing some electronic tunes. Very bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Rhg0061r posted:

Just wondering, were the new songs like their other stuff, or are they continuing in a more electronic direction like their last EP?

Also if the postman doesn't bring me my copy of the new Up-C Down-C Left-C Right-C ABC + Start album tomorrow, I will be royally pissed.

Well, did you follow the last tour earlier in the year which was pretty much demoing the new stuff? There's still an element of electronica, but what seems to be happening is that the songs start out being very electronica indeed and then over the course of the song go back to the old rock of before. The one I heard before the encore yesterday night was their most epic song ever, I guarantee it. 65dos live is an experience and a half, and I can't wait to see them for a 9th time :)

I think they've pretty much played most of the songs from the new album live now, and the new album is going to be out spring 2010.

Apparently the UpCDownC album hasn't been seen anywhere since the release date. No copies delivered, nothing on internets (shh).

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Edit: ^^^^^^^^ Awesome!

Sharrow posted:

I was really impressed with Three Trapped Tigers as well, even if that one song did make me feel like I'd been raped by a Space Invaders machine.

Me too, they were fantastic in Manchester. Never heard of them before but definitely checking them out.

PS, Epic 65daysofstatic new song "Tiger" is up on youtube in awful but listenable quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1YiNneTzJo

Was that the one they did in London before the encore too?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Sharrow posted:

Yeah, that's the one. Pretty excited for the new album now.

Me too.

I got to talk to Simon outside the venue and he said it'd be early 2010, Spring I guess. Also he is shorter than I thought.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Latest Day for Airstrikes?

Wasn't aware there was any!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

http://www.65daysofstatic.com/blog

Touring April/May and lots of other months I imagine. They want to get back to touring again for long periods of time, they haven't done much this year.

So that'll be the 9th time I've seen em :D

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Sharrow posted:

Trip report: 65 opened with Tiger and holy poo poo, through matter's soundsystem it was absolutely mind-blowing. That was probably one of the best sets I've ever seen and as far as I remember it was pretty much all new material.

At one point they kicked the under-floor subwoofers up to max and I nearly fell over, heh.

Tiger is the best 65dos song in ages. I can't wait till a decent recording surfaces. The ones on YouTube aren't too great.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I have no one to go see Mono with and I don't want to go on my own :(

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Surely between us we can solve both problems!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Reminds me of when I went to see 65dos, and Gay For Jonny Depp were supporting.

"Raise your hands if you're single"
*most people raise their hands*
"Just what I expected, it is a post-rock gig afterall"

Club Academy? I was there :D

Seriously dawg you and I should go to some gigs. In fact, my own band is playing in Preston soon (The Aircrash Bureau), you should come down.

We're like Mogwai and early Biffy Clyro and EITS and you know all the regular poo poo. It's really hard to not be formulaic. :(

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

I live in Bristol now dude :( heading home this weekend to see Errors + Worriedaboutsatan in Lancaster though!

Was going to go to that but I can't, I'm paintballing :(

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Paintballing in the evening?
That sucks, I'm shooting there too.

No, over the weekend but I was away for all of it, it was down South.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Well, finally relented and bought a Mono ticket plus a night in a hotel near the venue, so I'm committed to going on my own.

If anyone here sees this and is going, then please make yourself known and we'll have a party!

Edit: Brudenell Social Club, Leeds.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

gently caress that cover is good.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Saw Youthmovies last night, on their farewell tour. It was amazing.

Thanks for the fun times, lads.

PS: gently caress you all, 65dos are great and the new stuff is just different but still pretty cool.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Came to post that. Another favourite from the test tour. These songs have sounded great live AND on the record, which is refreshing but I suppose it's to be expected when a lot of your work is electronically generated.

I am so looking forward to it though!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

That sucks about FMTM :(

Edit: But I've just read the GY!BE news. Oh my GOD!!!!!

thehustler fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Apr 9, 2010

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Rhgr posted:

Saw them in a tiny room that held less than 50 people, was utterly mindblowing. (Also the guitarist looks like Paul Scholes)

Agreeing with both of these points, I saw them up in Preston, and yes the resemblence is quite good.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=122&title=title_383&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

65daysofstatic - Tiger Girl

Yes. THAT song.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

https://www.myspace.com/65propaganda

ALL of the new album for streaming.

Edit: Oh god Piano Fights :fap:

Edit: Oh god Come With Me has one "R. Smith" doing guest vocals on it. :fap:

thehustler fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Apr 20, 2010

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

^^^ What the gently caress? Kyte are pretty good. Saw them live at my local pub/venue some months ago, and took these shots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elmarko/sets/72157617124386881/

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Well I had an urge to find a new band the other day. What I wanted to find a band that mainly mixed keyboards with drums. Just some nice keys and some badass beats. I like bands like Toe, Hella, Lite, Giraffes? Giraffes! and wanted something along those lines.

While searching I stumbled across mouse on the keys. and it is pretty close to what I was looking for. Check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kYY8iMxZKs

Plus I give props to any man that can wear a suit and rock out on the drums. Must be hot as gently caress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFoetd0sD6Y

Thanks for this, I love Hella and Giraffes? Giraffes! so I'll be checking this out.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

The Consultant posted:

You might be interested in Don Caballero

Already a fan, but thanks :)

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Maybeshewill started as a 65dos tribute band, it seemed at the time. Now they sound pretty decent.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Nah I think that's everything.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

That Network sample is in tons of songs, it's good but annoying after a while.

Great film though.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

New Ascent of Everest is loving brilliant.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Godspeed ticket for Manchester ordered.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Machines posted:

What do people here think of And So I Watch you From Afar?

One of the best gigs I've had the chance to photograph:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elmarko/sets/72157622548201794/

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

New UpCDownC was awful.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Mogwai tour early next year looks awesome. Manchester Academy 1, I think...

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

New 65dos single, radio edits of Weak4 and Come To Me as a double A side, with a new song Memorydress as a bside (which isnt bad).

They really want to get some stuff played on the radio, which doesn't really happen for them often.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

One track in to the new Oceansize album and it's already wonderful. Very Doomy, in fact! Maybe I should have posted this in the sludge thread? :)

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

That 65daysofstatic song has been played live for about a year and a half under the same PX3 moniker and most fans were disappointed it wasn't on the album. It still has the thumping soundtrack that the stuff they do nowadays has, it's nice and driving. Studio version hasn't disappointed either.

Beats Like a Helix is a drum and bass-em up, very breakbeaty, from what I remember, and it's pretty good also.

Guitar Cascades was used as the intro music to the mix that the band did for Rob-Da-Bank last year sometime. It's some lovely textured distorted guitar and a nice melody behind it I think.

Anyway yeah, don't know the others but that should be a good EP.

Edit: Beats Like A Helix live in Moscow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g75pR3OFuS8

Edit 2: Guitar Cascades in the remix available here: http://www.65kids.com/index.php/remixes

thehustler fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 20, 2010

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Starsnostars posted:

I have no idea what the Manchester venue is like but I've only ever heard good things about the Roundhouse. Personally, I'd just go to whichever is closer to you, or both.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Yeah, I've been told that the Roundhouse is good and that Manchester is kinda scummy (this may or may not be true).

In more important news:

Mogwai's new album has been leaked. Not that I condone listening to it before buying it, of course.

Bit harsh. Manchester is a great place to watch live music. Last time EITS played there it was in the Academy 1, the largest venue at the university. It's a bit of a massive box, can be a little echoey. But if you're smart and stand at the mixing desk like I did for Godspeed You! Black Emperor, you'll be alright.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Saw Maybeshewill live in a tiny pub in Preston a few weeks back:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elmarko/sets/72157626659006498/

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

https://www.65daysofstatic.com/blog

interessant.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Cymbal Monkey posted:

A couple that I just stumbled on to are Grails (Get Deep Politics, now, do it), Gifts From Enola, Couch and The Evpatoria Report. You should check these out.

Evpatoria Report are amazing but I much preferred their debut.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I got married a few weeks ago and my wife walked in to Time Stops by EiTS and then we both left to Remember me as a time of day.

It was nice :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

http://soundcloud.com/nasdaq-band

Can't remember if I've posted this. but I love this band a lot. Post-metally and a bit mathy too. From Manchester, UK.

They also do another act with the same people called FTSE 100 which is a little less rocky and more softer.