Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

I just got the new Pacific UV album. Their last LP was squarely in the Shoegaze camp, but they're a lot more post-rocky now. I haven't had a good sit-down with it, but it's really cool from what I've heard, sometimes reminding me of Maserati

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

THIS.

Oh my God, I just got back from seeing them and they were loving incredible. So much more relentless than any other instrumental rock/metal band I've seen. And you're so right siig, the drummer was probably the most fun to watch out of all of them because of just how crazy he performs. They're really nice, too, as Atomic Hotdog said. I talked with them after the show and they seemed to be really appreciative that I came out and loved their music.

My favorite songs of their set were my two favorite songs of theirs (Show Me The Season and Monoliths). They loving slayed on those. The whole set was incredible, but it was like they pulled out all the stops for those two in particular, which was great because those are the two I wanted to see the most.
were you at Maison de la Musique? I saw that too.

I don't really listen to much post-rock anymore, but Language of Cities was one of my favorite albums before inventions came out. Didn't they have a line-up change at some point? Either way, they stood out to me because they weren't about the build-up-and-crash-down thing that a lot of bands had, and Keep it Gold was more aggressive than any of the other post-rock I'd heard at the time (later bands like Russian Circles would catch on).

Somebody who hadn't heard of them at the show the other night asked what they were and they said "I don't know, 70's psychedelic progressive rock?", some guy responded "some might say post-rock" and Maserati-guy was clearly avoiding the term. Aside from it being a weird word in general, I think it's kind of true: I'd much sooner align them with kraut-rock and Can etc. than Godspeed.