Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Considering I didn't start listening to post-rock until I saw Friday Night Lights I'm afraid of being that guy you know the one who goes into a 'Lets talk about Rock'n Roll' thread and says 'Ever heard of the Rolling Stones?' I just don't know what is popular or already so well-known it doesn't bear mentioning.

Anyways I really have been digging what I've been finding. Mogwai, GYBE and obviously EITS. I didn't really get into Set Fire to Flames.

Lately I've been finding newer bands on emusic.com and right now my favorite three are the following and since I haven't seen them mentioned in this thread I'll throw them out there.

God Is an Astronaut
Definitely not an EITS rip-off to me, there's a bit more of a New Age music sound going here, others may disagree.

My two favorite songs by them are off of "All is Violent, All is Bright."

Forever Lost - imeem.com excerpt.

Fragile - youtube video.

Bury the Sound

Highly recommend giving "Gemini Unbound" a listen off of their myspace page linked above.

Like basically every postrock song I like it starts of slow and builds to a really nice crescendo. If I had to compare it to something else I've heard I'd say the really early EITS stuff which to me always sounded more like regular old indie/emo sans vocals.

2 by Bukowski

Haven't heard as much by them since I ran out of this month's downloads at emusic.com after one song. Really like them so far but having trouble finding a link for a listen. Their song "I am Ready for Death in this Dominion.mp3" really works for me though, adds a nice almost gothy twinge to the postrock recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU