Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Open fierce skies on me, on a bird and we experience the new death indeed.
1 Mile North

They have released two albums, Glass Wars and Minor Shadows. I prefer Glass Wars but the latter is just as fantastic. I guess I could describe them as July Skies meets Yellow6 with a pinch of older Aarktica. It's a shame they never finished their third album, I was really looking forward to it.

You can get 2 songs here.

Some more samples here.

The track "In 1983 He Loved To Fly" is easily one of my absolute favorite songs by any artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

I've really been digging the latest from Day for Airstrikes as well as The Calm Blue Sea's Siegfried. Both these bands slipped past my radar the past couple of years and they've been a refreshing change. I've been in an ambient heavy mood the past year so I am slowly trying to catch up with everything I missed. Actors and Actresses, Dorena and En plein air also have really solid releases this year.

LazerLemurz posted:

I'm not sure whether or not this band has been mentioned, and I'm sorry in advance if it was. But I stumbled upon this band recently, the name is Talkdemonic. It's hard to put a definite label on this style of post rock, but it includes, aside from the general instruments, a fair amount of electronic based sounds (i.e. Synths, etc.).

My favorite album: Eyes At Half Mast
Fantastic band, Beat Romantic is an incredible album.

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

suddenlyissoon posted:

No matter how much post-rock I listen to I always come back to one glaring truth.

The best post-rock song of all time is Clouds/Then You Took Over by Beast, Please Be Still.

God, such a great song and band. Have you heard if they are working on anything new?

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

I have a few friends and some money but I am still deaf from the last time I saw Mono.

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Tomorrow I'm getting tickets for Mono in Milwaukee. Too bad it's not until the end of May which sucks. Anyone else going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Lawnie posted:

Hm, how much are tickets? I'm close enough I might consider going...

They were only $12. The Twilight Sad are opening for them which is strange, but I enjoy them as well.

SlowlyChoking fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 10, 2010