Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

...Of Sinking Ships strikes me as really over-produced and watered down. Good for one guy, but nowhere near the best the genre has to offer. Same goes for This Will Destroy You. Not my cup-o-tea I suppose.

Joy Wants Eternity, Red Sparowes, and Odelia all seem well worth the listen, though. Thanks for the recommendations.

It skirts the line (and is likely old news), but the Mysterious Skin Soundtrack might hit the spot for some of you. Harold Budd and Robin Guthrie deliver something between peaceful and deeply unsettling. Having seen the movie isn't a requirement, but it may...assist your mood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Bucket Joneses posted:

I have no recollection of the soundtrack because I was too busy being completely creeped out by this movie. It was not anything that I was expecting (I don't know what I expected, actually... but I know it wasn't that).

To be honest, Im not even sure if it qualifies as post rock. Budd is an old electronic/new age guy, but I'm pretty sure you can call Guthrie P-R.

Continental is a good sampling of his dreamy, down-tempo stuff.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

leonje posted:

I don't listen to a whole bunch of post-rock but what I've heard I've liked so I'll be keeping my eye on this thread.

I do have 1 recommendation though, since it's not already been posted in this thread.

Yndi Halda - Enjoy Eternal Bliss

I don't know how to describe it but the EP has 4 tracks, is over an hour long and blows my mind from start to finish.

Thank you.