Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

None of my friends will go to the American Football reunion show in SF with me on Thursday.

EDIT: I've made it, the most emo-est of posts.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

see u there

there are 22 bands on this list I want to see.

I am 40 years old.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I saw that Silversun Pickups are playing near me tonight and I thought about going but...they don't really sound much like the Carnavas and Swoon era anymore.

So I'm torn!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Sunny Day Real Estate and Appleseed Cast tonight! :toot:

drat that is a long tour, they come my way in mid December

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

anyone seen Glassjaw on this current tour? I'm trying to rustle up the energy to see them tonight and tomorrow.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Made it to the show and…Glassjaw canceled tonight. Double show tomorrow!

EDIT: aaaaaand double show canceled, drummer has covid.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 3, 2022

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

GY!BE's 5 day residency at the Chapel in SF begins tomorrow.

EDIT: wrong thread

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 13, 2023

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Saw The Appleseeed Cast and Sunny Day Real Estate last night and both were incredible.

Go if you can.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Queer Salutations posted:

the In Too Deep guys. The one where the lead married Avril Lavigne then almost died from alcoholism, and their drummer became a real estate agent in Florida. Weird band.

Wait I thought it was A New Found Glory’s drummer who did the real estate thing

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Math You posted:

Is there any general timeline as to when ticket resales are cheapest?
Some tickets to Thrice in Montreal are down to about 1/3 of what they were initially trying to gouge for. Not sure if I should expect that to continue to under $100 a ticket. Show is 4 weeks out

I buy all my tickets the day of the show, 90% on the way to the venue.

worst case I pay face value.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

Sunny Day Real Estate is coming here in October and I got a ticket :sickos:

The last time I saw them was in 2009 in Houston.

I saw them 6 weeks ago in the Bay Area and they were excellent

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

John Romero posted:

jimmy eat world is playing the state (states, all of New England shares one) fair in september

seeing them in 2009 on the Clarity 10th anniversary tour is one of the best concerts I've ever been to

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

every so often I am reminded the definition of music is expansive

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Banzai 3 posted:

I won’t begin to speculate where Coheed and Cambria fits genre-wise but drat are they good live.

it recently occurred to me Coheed and Cambria are my favorite band since the end of The Smashing Pumpkins' first run.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Spotify really likes to put new Frank Turner tracks into my Release Radar, which I understand but it is getting increasingly depressing with each new one I hear.

this is the only frank turner song I've ever heard and it's amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RbNdwY4ujw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

Sunny Day Real Estate's new 30th anniversary live re-recording of Diary is out now. Obviously it's not gonna sound identical to the original, but wow, it sounds really loving good so far. In fact, I honestly think I may prefer it to the original because of the differences. The drums in particular sound especially excellent here.

I saw them I think last fall and they were excellent live. highly recommended if you get a chance