Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

Mazel Tov posted:

Have you checked out Dead In The Dirt at all?

I haven't but I'll make sure to do it now. Always on the lookout for new stuff

Also I just saw that Balance and Composure are going to have a full length record out this Spring. I am so pumped to hear it; if they build on their sound from the split they did last year it'll probably make my short list for favorite album of the year.

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Passion for Dilbert posted:

I looked over the last couple pages, and I'm not aware if this is the correct thread to talk about hosed Up in, but is anyone else really pumped for the upcoming hosed Up album??

http://www.davidcomestolife.com/announcement.html

'The Other Shoe' is pretty rad.

Hell yes.......I've loved everything they've ever done. Still never seen them live but that will be fixed if they go on tour for this.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

I like your demo Big Willy nice job. I bet you all tear the house down live.....

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

I don't know Asking Alexandria

*shrug*

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Yea Fake Problems is good stuff; I'd put them up there as one of the better folky punk acts out there now. That's a genre that's exploded these past few years for sure.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

I'm stoked to see that CT is getting a few good shows in the next few weeks. La Dispute is coming by, DBD is on and Lemuria for the 2nd time in two months.

I'm a bit lit right now, but I'm feeling the new Balance and Composure as one of my favorite albums so far this year. I'll have to listen to it a few more times to confirm....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Somehow I had never heard Rvivr and I had really liked Latterman and now love the Shorebirds/Iron Chic and like Daytrader. haven't had a chance to give the other 10 bands a go since they split up.

I listened to a few Youtube recordings and I'll be picking some of this stuff up.

Also new Balance and Composure is sick; they're such a great band....everyone should check them out.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

RagingPawn posted:

The new Touche Amore is incredible. Condolences gives me chills.

I just got a hold of this....I can't wait to see them come around again. Such an awesome band.

Also nobody else has posted this, but if you like folky punk Mischief Brew The Stone Operation is phenomenal. It's electric/more accessible and a little more high paced but the lyrics are classic Peterson and it's a real fun album. It'd be nice if they toured with Frank Turner for a real clash of outlooks on life/culture from the US and England being united by music. yea that's corny, whatever

edit: Title Fight is kinda bland in my opinion; they fit well with that lineup but they'll be overshadowed

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 19, 2011

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Wow Title Fight is the headliner....hopefully people showing up to see them get into Touche Amore. CT seems to be hoppin this summer for shows...I'm actually having to decide which ones to go to to keep it to once a week through July.. Although this coming week I don't think I can not go to both La Dispute/Defeater and Converge/Trap Them two days later.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Yea Bridge and Tunnel is another great band out of the Latterman breakup; I've definitely added them to my like list. Pop Punk has made a big comeback in my rotation.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Off topic, but man, are all of The Hope Conspiracy's albums as awesome as Death Knows Your Name? Somehow I've managed to go years without ever actually listening to them despite being a hardcore fan that grew up in and around Boston. I finally gave 'em a listen after really getting into the All Pigs Must Die EP and... goddamn.

Everything Hope Conspiracy has done is gold. They're the perfect hardcore band.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

hurumph

I think Off With Their Heads is better than Spraynard; haven't seen Spraynard live though.

For some reason I'm really digging the new Black Wine Summer of Indifference album. Nice mix of vocals, change of tempo in song selection and melodies.

I'm pumped to hear the upcoming Nothingtons album.......they put on a great show and have their roots down.

Edit: Yea they really hosed up Private Eye drat didn't think it could be possible

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 10, 2011

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I've been listening to Germfree Adolescents a lot the past couple of days, and I'd figure I'd ask; are there any punk bands other than X-Ray Spex, Flipper, and Rocket From The Crypt that use saxophone to any real extent? I've been told Fear does, but other than that I'm all out of :sax: punk. Anyone know anything else?

Stooges and Against All Authority

You ought to get the first FEAR record as it's pretty rad

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 30, 2011

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

hedgecore posted:

Ok, last time I blahblahblah about my band, Dead Ringer, for now. I leave for tour tonight. Hoping to see some of you - I'm the bassist, so come find me after our set and we can talk about the Internet or something.

http://deadringernj.com - Late 90's Epi/Fat style pop punk.
Our new EP and our 2010 demo are both free. Just click on Music, and enter "$0" in the amount you wish to pay (unless you do care to donate).

I'm coming out to New London to see you all for sure....your new EP is great.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

hedgecore posted:

Bad news buddy, but we had to drop this show. Promoter disappeared on us. CT is close though so we should be down to hop up there another weekend soon. Glad you dig the EP!

Glad you gave a heads up.....I had just searched Songkick (which is a decent site for tracking shows) and saw the New London date disappeared.

Bummer

I love Hope Conspiracy like no other hardcore band, but as a fan of CTTS older records I'm wondering if I'll dig the new sound.

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 27, 2011

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

LtTennisBall posted:

Not all the date are with CTTS, some are just with Pianos Become the Teath and Seahaven.
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/09/touche_amore_an.html

Still loving awesome as Pianos and Seahaven are both great....I did end up liking the new CTTS; the guitar tones on the first track were total Hope Conspiracy but it was still CTTS arrangemnt. They went a little bit safe in my opinion, but it is good.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

iron chic posted:

Hey dudes! I've been listening to a lot of trial and chokehold lately, any other recommendations for pissed-off political hardcore? i don't really like metalcore, unless it like really rules.

Can't go wrong with Operation Phoenix by Good Riddance. Sure it's about the first Gulf War but since we did it again it still applies. Melodic and still pist

Former Thieves and Over My Dead Body has some kick rear end political songs in a similar HC vein

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

If you like dystopian concept albums with influences from bands like Jawbreaker and Leatherface Abolitionist is worth checking out. Lyrics are a little repetitive but overall it's a good album. They also have a 7" on bandcamp where proceeds go to Rwandan victims.

It Used to Rain is about a 2 year drought and the chaos that comes from it; might be Australia within 10 years. I ended up picking this up cause Horsebite did the artwork.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

RagingPawn posted:

the new pianos become the teeth. wow.

Yes 100X over

First listen was with some nice headphones and I was blown away.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

fenix424 posted:

Got to see my two favorite bands this year Taking Back Sunday and Alkaline Trio twice and all three shows I've been to so far have all been awesome. The 2nd Alkaline Trio show is their NYE show at the Metro in Chicago which should be amazing. However, on a date a few months back a girl I was with said my playlist needs some updating. That probably came from my most played bands being TBS, Alk3, The Academy Is, Fall Out Boy, and Four Year Strong. Give me some good suggestions Goons!

For that clean sound with tiny aspects of HC like TBS I've always put Funeral for a Friend and Boys Night Out in the same category. Along the lines of Alkaline Trio Saves the Day, The Arrivals or Hay Market Riot might meet your goals. Also Lawrence Arms.....everyone here seems to hate them but they are the best.

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 17, 2011

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Gaz2k21 posted:

So guys I checked back a few pages but didnt see any talk of it.....anyone heard pennywise's new album ???!?!? You really should try it....it's loving fantastic!

It was better than I expected it to be and it's because Zoli didn't do some of the crazy opera vocals he pulled with Ignite. I dug a fair amount of the riffs from Fletcher and that was good enough for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

I definitely saw them within the last year, and there was definitely a tough guy knife fight in the parking lot of the venue. So, good riddance.

I saw them in New London a few months ago so they've been somewhat active. The dude's lyrics are misogynist to the max so it isn't terribly surprising.

On a better note has anyone else gone to the Punch/Living Eyes tour? It was like a vs show with a shared drum kit between the two....rocked my face off.

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 21, 2012