Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

If anyone is jonesing for some Alexisonfire-esque type stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99S7vLP1RLw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

angrygodofjebus posted:

The new Alexisonfire album is decent. Definitely not their best, but there are for sure a few songs I'll come back to.

I could see it being played in its entirety at some small craft brewery tap room with like, 15 people in it all having a quiet lazy afternoon

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Kingo Ligma posted:

When a windmill hits your eye
From some camo shorts guy
That's touche amore

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Framboise posted:

God drat Anthony Green's voice is so pretty. I dunno what devil he made a deal with, but it's just as smooth now as it was 20 years ago.

you need to listen to his solo album he just put out this year - it's absolutely delightful. They masterfully layered in this brass throughout the whole album and it's imo his best work.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

noted sex pest tilian back in dance gavin dance and is saying that he never did anything nonconsensual

oh well nothing lost - last album sucked and they probably wont change a thing moving forward

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Framboise posted:

God drat Anthony is busy this year.

incredibly busy - I should note to everyone to not sleep on his solo album he released this year - it's fantastic

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

the awful things we've done - Peregrine
Boom. Done. - Anthony Green
Deathrattle Sing for Me - Norma Jean
Birds in Row - Gris Klein
Celebrity Therapist - The Callous Daoboys

Good mix of different vibes in this list - In no particular order after #1.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

If you have an opportunity - Single Mothers is absolutely tearing it up right now - Absolutely electric shows.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

i cant think of an album where the artist says it's not their best album theyve ever done lmao

this is getting into them cosplaying of their former selves i dont know how they keep going lol

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Anthony Green's latest solo album is really strong. He threw in a bunch of horns and stuff in it and it's pretty great.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Lots of albums coming out today (Wolf & Bear, End, Closure in Moscow) but my pals in Conversation just dropped their new single Faithless and I thought I'd share.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up2hhUidXTw

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

New video I made for my friends' band just dropped. They wanted to do a green screen video (which I'd never done before) and I had the idea to just rip off Hypnospace Outlaw, but then I realized I'm not nearly talented enough to do that so it turned into a kinda random mishmash of 90s gaming and internet aesthetics. Song slaps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzOFIVB7C7s

This is really cool and good. Great job with the video!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I listened to Thrice way later than everyone else and I think Beggars is my favourite album quickly followed by Artist in the Ambulance and Vheissu close behind

I can see why Vheissu was so influential and huge though.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

The best shows are always in places without a stage as such.

Floor shows best shows.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Bumping for curiosity - Anyone know what's going on with the band Gatherers? They've basically been incommunicado for over a year now.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Eidola's album is out today - heavier than their previous work

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Dance Gavin Dance kicked Tilian out of the band. 👍👍

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I loved him in Tides of Man.

But man that ego of his is unreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Emery and Thursday are worth checking out as well for sure.