Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

THE LUMMOX posted:

oh holy poo poo Taken is playing a reunion show in march at chain reaction. They need to stop fagging around in Mikoto and Circa Survive and do some new material.

They're also releasing a B-Sides album. I'm just pissed they're touring Japan (even if its only for a few days) and not playing the east coast. I got so excited when I saw the news, only to die a little inside when I realized theres no way I'm going to make it to any of the shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Inspector_71 posted:

Wait, where in Japan is there to play that's not on East Coast? Or do you mean the US East Coast?

Yeah, I meant US East Coast...my bad.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

leisure no capi posted:

Recon

The upstate NY band? In the vein of like Acacia Strain? Wow, never thought I'd see them mentioned in this thread.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Vinyl Collective gets so much of my money its not even fair.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Enter Shakari? What happened to this thread?

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

theEZkill posted:

i hear the more you talk poo poo on slightly popular bands your hxc cred goes up. confirm / deny?

Confirm, duh!

I honestly had no idea they were popular. I just work with a kid who plays them all the time and I can't stand them. This is just the first time I'd ever heard them mentioned by anyone else.

Anyone check out the new Circle Takes the Square song? Doesn't live up to As the Roots Undo at all. So its kind of disappointing, but its not a bad song. I'll have to hear more off the new album (it'll happen one day...right?) before I pass too much judgment.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Capitan Dad posted:

Well either way... Showbread sucks.

Yes, they do. I just checked one of their music videos on youtube to figure out why they we being talked about in here. I really wish I hadn't. Is this what passes for "hardcore" these days? The only way I could see this being hardcore is if you consider watered down Every Time I Die hardcore. Really watered down...

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Capitan Dad posted:

Has anyone gotten their Envy pack yet? Anyone know if they've even shipped.

On the forums they said they should have all been shipped out by today.

I want it to come so bad :(

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Anyone familiar with West Texas? I'll be living in Lubbock for a few months, am I going to be poo poo out of luck as far as shows go? It looks like most shows I've seen listed in Texas are a good 7 hours away from the area.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Dillinger posted:

In case anyone from here was debating going to see Converge, Red Chord, Baroness, and Genghis Tron tonight in Worcester, MA, the word I'm getting is that the show didn't sell well downstairs and has been moved upstairs. To the small 500-600 capacity club. I can't wait.

I really wish I didn't get a bunch of money stolen from me, I was planning on going to this. But I can't pay for gas and tolls with my hopes and dreams. I've tried.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Dillinger posted:

Converge show tonight was fun. Packed house...Genghis Tron has a new lightshow and loving killed it. Baroness, first time seeing them (FINALLY) and I couldn't enjoy it because while I was up close, it was so loud that I actually lost my hearing in my right ear temporarily (don't do 10 years of punk, hardcore and metal shows without hearing protection :( ) so I had to go outside for a little bit...when I got back in I couldn't find a spot to stand and watch. Red Chord was nuts if anyone else likes that band besides me. Spent the end of Dreaming in Dog Years stepping on everybody on the stage. Converge played a great set but you can tell they're so sick of their earlier material...Conduit was the only song played that I was hoping for. Not even Saddest Day anymore. Everything else was Jane Doe and beyond, all albums I really don't even care for.

gently caress! Conduit? Dammit, every time I've seen them I hoped they would play it. Although last two times I saw them they played Forsaken and Locust Reign, which was awesome. I got into Converge too late (2004) and theres a lot of songs I'll never get to see live. I'd kill to see Color Me Blood Red...hell even just the beginning would be awesome. I'm a little guy and I don't mosh, but I would wreck faces while screaming "please love just come home again." It makes sense that they'd get sick of constantly touring and playing the same old songs for years though.

I haven't been to a hardcore show in...hmmm...a long loving time. I think the last one I went to was in August or September. Went to a couple metal shows in October. Last time I saw any show was loving Anthony Green around New Years (a girl wanted to go, so I'm not THAT big of a human being). Luckily theres a Blacklisted show in May and Killing the Dream, Ruiner, Trap Them in June. I miss going to shows.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I love Shai Hulud and can't stand stuff like Hatebreed or Bury Your Dead. I'm not really sure about the new one yet, I really liked it when I first heard it. but now I'm kind of on the fence.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Parachute Underwear posted:

This is Hell / Blacklisted tonight, loving stoked.

Saw them both play Saturday at a record store. TIH joked about not being able to cross the border. Good show, no one was really into it though.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Angiepants posted:

They remind me of mewithoutYou and their first album is a huge guilty pleasure of mine. v:shobon:v

This is exactly why I listen to La Dispute. Their Here, Hear releases are really cool. The Touche Amore split they just put out is awesome. I loved Somewhere at the Bottom of the River...when I first heard it, but it gets old pretty fast. It has a handful of standout tracks that I keep going back to though, the first track never stops being great.

I nearly poo poo myself when I saw the Envy tour announced (in this thread). I have all their TRL pressings except Insomniac Doze. When was their last American tour? I can't remember them coming around since I've been listening to them, but I might have just missed it.

Bought a ticket for the NYC date and plan to skip classes for the day to accommodate for the hour train ride and then being lost as gently caress in the city.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Inspector_71 posted:

Then you jump to Circle Takes The Square.

and then you start to get stoked at the idea of a new CTTS album

:smith:

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I was "too cool" to listen to Take This to Your Grave when I was in high school

so obviously I still listen to it to this day. I also saw them about a week before Cork Tree dropped and have used the line "fall out boy? oh yeah, I saw them play to about 100 people, no big deal" on a girl.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
the new TSL full length is pretty amazing too

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I wish it was another Bear vs Shark record, but it's still great.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I loving love Snowing. gently caress Your Emotional Bullshit is such a great EP. They played a couple shows this fall and no one wanted to drive the two hours with me to see them with 1994!, My Heart to Joy, Algernon Cadwallader, and a handful of others...We Were Skeletons maybe? Either way, I hate my friends.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

NeilPerry posted:

I checked this page but didn't see this posted but here you go, Snowing fans. You can download the new full length for free. But you know, donate if you can.

http://www.snowingtheband.com/

Them posting this last night is the only time I've ever felt having a twitter account has impacted my life in a positive way. Album rules. Strongly considering the 4 hour drive to see them and Empire! Empire! later this month.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

A5H posted:

Does anyone like Pianos Become The Teeth?
Kinda reminds me of Raein and stuff but in english.

I love Pianos. Their split with The Saddest Landscape is awesome.

I really want to make it out to CT for the My Heart to Joy record release show. Pianos Become the Teeth and The World is a Beautiful Place... are both playing. Show is going to rule.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

deadwing posted:

I can seriously not get over how goddamn good this You Blew It! full-length is. Great midwest/twinkly emo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAxP29q3Cio

Topshelf Records have been loving killing it for the past couple years. I'm not super big YBI! but they aren't bad by any stretch. The new My Fictions song rules and their style is something I haven't been into since I was a teenager. I absolutely love the new Sirs LP too, got my preorder in the mail the other day.

The World is a Beautiful Place and I am No Longer Afraid to Die are the best band though and I don't even care :colbert:

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Anyone here into Single Mothers? They put out two EPs in the past year or so, they're pretty great. Kinda like a more emo Suicide File but instead of songs about hating republicans they do songs about pills, bad hookups and pregnancy scares. Very excited to see them open for Title Fight in November (more excited than I am to see Title Fight, frankly).

I am so loving excited to see Single Mothers in November. The only Title Fight song I've heard is the one they released off their new album that apparently doesn't sound like any of their older material. But Single Mothers and Pianos Become the Teeth are enough to get me to drive out to CT for the show.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
New England centric hardcore is the best hardcore

Sadly I don't have any money. Botch and Converge records usually go for a mint, you lucky bastard (I coul never part with my Converge vinyl and I WISH I had picked up some Botch before We Are the Romans was going for $100+)

I like combatwoundedveteran and I LOVE pink vinyl, so if you don't sell it I've got $5 with your name on it

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Son of a bitch! I had planned on going to the Algernon/Joyce Manor/The World is.../Sirs show a couple weeks ago but it sold out before I could confirm transportation to CT. At least I saw them at the last Snowing show :(

Speaking of emo, The Saddest Landscape are trying to kickstart a repress of their first two albums with a bunch of cool extras. Only 12 days left and they're only halfway there, so it's not looking good.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thesaddestlandscape/the-saddest-landscape-deluxe-vinyl-reissues

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Angiepants posted:

I'm ready to dive into Shai Hulud, where should I start?

"Hearts Once Nourished..." split with Indecision, split with Another Victim, "That Within Blood Ill Tempered," and then stop.

Or just "Hearts Once Nourished..."

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I've never disliked a Converge album. At this point I doubt I ever will.

I almost never listen to anything off of Axe to Fall, but I still really liked it. Not sure where the new one is going to stand as far as replaying it goes, but for now I'm in love with it. The title track is definitely going on any Converge related playlists I make in the future though, holy poo poo.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Putting out vinyl is a huge headache, mostly due to the limited number of pressing plants. I've had some preorders delayed for MONTHS because the test presses kept coming back with problems. I always give labels the benefit of the doubt. Hell, it took me so long to email Count Your Lucky Stars about my Snowing LP preorder that I immediately got a response of "Holy poo poo dude, it's been out for months! We are so sorry!" and had a package on my porch the next day.

That being said, I just got that email and came here to be sad about it :smith:

Edit: and now this article just popped up on my twitter http://propertyofzack.com/post/32887466878/poz-perspective-why-your-vinyl-is-not-at-your-doorstep

how appropriate

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Parachute Underwear posted:

Yeah, same email here. Kinda bummed because I also had five other LPs in my order :v:

Top Shelf also had the same problem with the new Prawn EP just recently, which I'm still waiting for.

They posted a pic of the newest Prawn test press a few hours ago, so hopefully it's finally good. I think it's the 3rd or 4th try.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
The "Run on" screams right near the end of the song "Jane Doe" are the best thing ever. I was on a plane that hit turbulence (plane dropped significantly, if I hadn't been holding my ipod it would have hit the ceiling) RIGHT as that part kicked in on my headphones and it's still the craziest adrenaline rush I've ever had. That album is such an emotional ride and I don't think anything is ever going to top it as my "favorite album."

I've still never see them play it though, which sucks. I have seen them play The Saddest Day, so there's that.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

What...what is this?

I have never felt older than I did after clicking that link.

Saw The World is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die in a basement last Friday. They were awesome as usual, but god drat are college kids douchebags. A bunch of shirtless bros were pushpitting despite the complete lack of room. This led to anyone standing in the front getting pushed into the band and their equipment. I'm used to that type of environment, but I'm also used to crowds having at least some respect and common sense about it.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

alg posted:

Man, Converge headlined. I just bummed around until then. But holy poo poo :stare: Converge destroyed. Someone poked Jacob Bannon in the eye. He grabbed the dude's glasses and broke them and threw them off stage.

Also holy crap Kurt Ballou is a goon IRL.

I once saw Bannon kick someone into the crowd because they were taking too long to actually stage dive (deer in headlights "What do I do now!?" look on their face). He always comes across as the nicest dude, but he does not gently caress around on stage.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

ruddiger posted:

I was right up front when they played here in LA and that dude's seriously loving awesome up close. So much energy at that show, not to mention the great sets that Nails and Torche had. I was going to buy a shirt from all three bands but only had enough for two (Nails and Torche).

The whole band has insane energy. Every time I've seen them I've been terrified that Kurt was going to accidentally split my head open open. I was scared that Jake would hit me with the mic cord, but then it happened a bunch and it wasn't that bad.

The Converge/Mastodon/Priestess tour was the last time I saw them until their free show last year at the House of Vans. I didn't get to see them on the AWLWLB tour and I'm pissed/depressed.

I'm just glad I got to see them play a few small venues with small crowds. Being able to stand against the stage without getting crushed or shoved out of the way was awesome. Hell, I would even stage dive and get my spot back somehow.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

awesmoe posted:

Converge take their stage seriously :swoon: (I just like finding excuses to post this video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urlF9jrJ5O0&t=141s

I love this video and it can't be posted enough. Nate just hammering the security dude with his bass is hilarious.

Speaking of Converge, I can't believe they're playing a show with Pig Destroyer and there's probably a .001% I'll be able to go.

Kevar fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 17, 2012

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Oh shiiiiit I didn't realize Touché Amore and Pianos Become the Teeth are doing a split.

It was only announced today. Of course, by announced I mean each band posted a picture on twitter and everyone assumes it means they're doing a split. Which is definitely the case and is going to be awesome. Their tour together last year was so much fun.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I have to miss the PBTT/Single Mothers show next week (as well as the Dads show the same day). Now that I have a job and can afford to drive out to CT for shows I don't have the time to do so and it's pretty much bullshit.

I saw TA twice and PBTT three times last year, but it's been awhile and I'm almost too old to stage dive so I need to get as much of that poo poo in as I can.

I wonder what label the split will be on. Not that it really matters, I just like giving my money to Topshelf.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

Holy poo poo, PBTT/TA split is going to be great, I saw them on tour last year and they both owned. Honest Sleep and I'll Get By were both amazing to see live, especially Honest Sleep, with the whole crowd screaming the ending and just going loving crazy.

The end of Honest Sleep is always ridiculous, probably the craziest pile ons I've seen outside of the beginning of Bane's "Can We Start Again"

I'm actually nervous to hear new PBTT songs. The Lack Long After is just THAT loving good. Seriously one of the most powerful albums I've heard in a long time. It's actually emotionally exhausting to listen to. When I saw them with TA it was right after TLLA came out so not everyone was completely into it when they closed with "I'll Get By" (I jumped off a monitor to get close enough to scream a few lines, because I'm that guy). A few months later I saw them and everyone went crazy when they closed with it. It's not the kind of song you'd expect people to go nuts for when you're listening to it, but when you see it happen it makes so much sense.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Friends Are Evil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2KTtWBEGrU
I don't know if anyone in this thread cares about Circle Takes The Square, but they posted a new song.

CTTS are awesome, but no matter how many new songs they put out I refuse to believe their "new album" exists until I'm holding it in my hands.

I'm not sure how I feel about this song yet. Every song on As the Roots Undo grabbed me immediately, but not this one.

If you told me in 2004 that in 2012 I'd still be waiting for the 2nd CTTS album I would've said you were crazy.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

TheIllestVillain posted:

There's some great videos in there, i've never had the chance to see Shai Hulud before but watching their set in HD is the next best thing. Props for that link.

I'm watching that set now. I've seen Shai Hulud with their last 3 singers and I' doubt anyone is going to agree with me, but I like Chad the least. Which is surprising, as he's their original singer.

I'm pretty sure Matt Fox only owns two t-shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
I think it was Poison the Well a couple years ago that got robbed but their post about it was just "Don't send us any money, we had insurance! Don't be an idiot, get insurance!" I feel bad for those kids though and it's a hosed up situation. They should have had Gaza play a set around the van as a security system while they were at Denny's.