Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I think this is basically just Maryland Deathfest, which iirc is happening around the same time.

Only two bands on When We Were Young that I give the slightest gently caress about are Thursday and Glassjaw but I'm very much looking forward to the inevitable shitshow being relayed on social media like Fyre Festival or that one Hellfest that got cancelled last minute after all the bands showed up.

Yeah i was just thinking that a) when we were young is a loving pathetic name for a festival where most people are going to be in their 30s and b) i only like glassjaw, thursday, and la dispute there and i've already seen glassjaw and thursday a lot of times in better environments. it's already very funny though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Inspector_666 posted:

Just saw Glassjaw two nights in a row and I'm really in awe of how good they still sound live. EYEWTKAS is uh, deeply problematic lyrically but everything about Worship and Tribute has aged like a fine wine.

Two friends came with me to the W&T show and it was their first "real" concert and now they want to come with me to more shows so that rules.

the last time i saw them they didn't play anything from eyewtkas, I assumed that was why.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

FreudianSlippers posted:

I've seen that era of hardcore referred to as "Guys With Suspiciously Young Girlfriend's-core"

in this case the album was written while they were actual teenagers, and the imaginary misogynist violence gets pretty goofy at times. you can absolutely tell it's written by a hormonal teenager, which doesn't mean it's fine but it's a very real, familiar perspective

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

also speaking as an old man, that poo poo didn't just "age poorly," people recognized it as being pretty bad back then too

Daryl did decline to sing some of the more objectionable lyrics at the MA show but I've heard varying reports from other nights

yeah motel of the white locust and hurting and shoving disturbed me as a teenager even

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Henchman of Santa posted:

The narrator in Pinkerton is clearly supposed to be an idiot imo.

maybe because so much punk and punk adjacent music is basically kids reading their diaries out loud, i find people often forget that the lyrics can be fiction.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Apparently out of nowhere Relapse announced a new City of Caterpillar album after 20 years, first track sounds great, let's have a screamo / post hc revival

https://twitter.com/RelapseRecords/status/1554849356804771842?s=20&t=CkOQK3OEM6rYKhzNCtik6w

there was no point in the last 15 or so years where i thought there would ever be new City of Caterpillar or The Gospel, and yet here we are

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Henchman of Santa posted:

City of Caterpillar comeback is good, though not on the level of new Gospel stuff.

Just got a ticket to see La Dispute playing all of Wildlife next week! Very excited for my second favorite album of the 2010s.

What was your favorite

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

New viva Belgrado EP for those are who are cool, it’s a very interesting progression from their previous record Bellavista

Pretty young all things considered. Godspeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

what is going on here

brave new frontiers in being an absolute weirdo