Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thinking about getting a ipod after using my iphone 3GS as a music/podcast player for two years now since my old 80 GB Zune died. Debating on the Classic or the newest Nano, as getting a Touch when already owning a iphone feels weird. I like the storage the classic has, but I don't have a large mp3 library and I am betting watching videos on the classic feels awkward. Nano looks neat, but the low amount of space really hurts it, as 16 just feels so small when compared to the old 80 GB Zune or 160 Classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What a good solution for getting my ipod Nano 7th Generation fixed? I broke the screen on the way to get some food the other day (which that was a bad idea for other reasons) and while it less then a year old, I guess it pointless to take it up the Apple Store since they don't cover accidental repairs. I see options to buy a replacement glass online for 20, but I had enough bad memories trying to repair the PSP's bad screen to ever want to try this again.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bung Harmer posted:

It can't hurt to take it to an Apple Store and see if they'll repair it. There's stories on here of Apple repairing stuff for free that they really shouldn't have.

I had it schedule until I saw online that it wouldn't be covered. Only reason I cancelled is the fact it's almost a hour drive from the house. I see in google seraches various places offering to repair ipods, but anyone have experience with such places?

Rirse fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 23, 2014

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
My brother gave me his iPod Touch 5th Gen (with 32 GB) after he bought the new iPhone, but having two annoying issues. Whenever I sync it will randomly give me a error -54 but can't figure out what doing this as I completely restored the iPod and it was still giving me this error. Also noticing the "other data" will not go away no matter how many times I restore, with 1.24 GB being wasted.

Also for some reason the itunes store believes I don't have anything purchased on the music side, yet it shows my videos and apps elsewhere.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 6, 2015

• Locked thread