Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I'm looking for a book - that was probably also a trilogy or at least had more than one entry - that was a sort of sci-fi/fantasy story about an advanced race from another world (that may or may not have had blue skin?) that conquered another, more primitive world and its people, and it was set some time after the conquest. I can't really remember many details other than all the native animals of the conquered planet had six legs (and I think the invaders' had four), and there might have been a thing about an invader turning into one of the conquered people or having their body switched or something.

This was a very long time ago so I'm sorry for being vague, I just remember it being interesting as a teenager and never getting around to finishing the book - I think it was quite long. It may also be obscure and/or bad, I really wasn't that picky back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

This absolutely sounds like the plot of Avatar half remembered.

It was definitely written before Avatar, but who knows, maybe James Cameron stumbled across it in a fever dream and mashed it up with Pocahontas and Dances with Wolves.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

This has all just reminded me of the Usborne Puzzle Adventures, which were very similar in ilk by the sounds of it.

Oh man, I LOVED those books! I haven't thought about them in at least twenty years goddamn

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I'm looking for a book I got reminded about recently with the whole I/P conflict and everything, and a few propaganda points from the Israeli side getting brought up and me being like "where have I heard that before?"

It's a thriller/espionage novel, probably not from one of the big big authors in the genre, with a plot involving terrorist bad guys and some historical Nazi stuff. Otto Skorzeny may have been mentioned. There were a few references in it to how Hitler met the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem and went on about how he prized Muslims and considered them useful, basically establishing a narrative connection between the Nazis and Islamic terror, which I basically took at face value at the time (I was like 20, didn't know much history). I think I read it around 2009-2011, and it felt like a new-ish book then.

There may have been a climactic scene on a bridge or on some other kind of high place. Not uncommon for this type of novel though lol.

Anyone have any ideas?