Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

WTFBEES posted:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/phoenix-datsun-280z-cummins-motor/7682125886.html

280z's have a straight 6. This all checks out and is completely normal.

I wonder what the weight distribution is on that.

Does a 24V Cummins weigh more than a 280Z shell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yes, have fun while some meth head runs up to you with a trolly jack and a sawzall to remove it.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

What do when the whole car is fender flares

I added the chart on my own

Subie 360 just looks like it's begging for an iridescent sky blue vinyl wrap + hyabusa swap :getin:

And it's got suicide doors:black101:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Microcars are rad, looks like I'm joining another FB group to look at cars I shouldn't buy.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

:siren::siren::siren:AI:SS 2023 - Late But Not Forgotten:siren::siren::siren:

I'm running it this year to give slothrop a well-deserved break:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4047118

This is a pretty late start and the deadlines are tighter, so don't dilly-dally.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
one finally showed up, wow. have been talking to owner but havent gone to look yet
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/arvada-2009-mazdaspeed3-81k-miles/7677540160.html

(edited out a long screed about me justifying the risk here. i'm pretty cool on it now but if they come way, way, WAY down i may play ball)

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 12, 2023

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Had those in my 626 as well, it slapped

My dad had those on his 89 MX-6. the greatest accessory that has never been repeated

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I wanted to put the oscillating vents in my 323 GTX so I've collected two generations of 626 vents but haven't really gotten around to trying to fit them.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I passed on the Millenia despite the oscillating vents. I liked it but I didn’t LOVE it, and for me to justify yet another addition to the fleet it’s got to be more special.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Killer feature would be to combine the oscillation vent with GM's crotch blower.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Killer feature would be to combine the oscillation vent with GM's crotch blower.

This is brilliant.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I think the first gen 929 has both

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

If this in fact true, I am busting out my checkbook.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

If this in fact true, I am busting out my checkbook.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

WTFBEES posted:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/phoenix-datsun-280z-cummins-motor/7682125886.html

I miss the Rotsun

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Looks like this abomination is for sale again

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:psyduck:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

WTFBEES posted:

Feelis like someone got it running, moved I the step of getting steering sorted and realized they were hosed.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

drr…DRR…….

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

drr…DRR…….

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren: AISS 2023: This Wednesday 11/22 is the last day to sign up! :frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

Did you catch a joke probation, make a super embarrassing post complaining about it, and need some holiday cheer to get you back in the shitposting spirit?

Then sign up for Automotive Insanity's Secret Santa! Some goon will send you a random assortment of items, mostly some broken car parts, and there is an option for penis-emblazonment. I have enjoyed it so much over the years that I volunteered to pick up the mantle from slothrop and organize it for 2023. So come on down and spread the holiday cheeks cheer!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I know that used tacomas go for ridiculous prices, but have they actually started appreciating in value?

Like you know how the old foxy body Mustangs 20 ish years ago were all selling for like 1000 bucks, but now they're getting expensive again, is that happening to Tacomas now?

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/...Xt0TSiRbxf_YXHU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

wesleywillis posted:

I know that used tacomas go for ridiculous prices, but have they actually started appreciating in value?

Like you know how the old foxy body Mustangs 20 ish years ago were all selling for like 1000 bucks, but now they're getting expensive again, is that happening to Tacomas now?

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/...Xt0TSiRbxf_YXHU

Look up a clean Tacoma from the Back To The Future era and see what those are going for.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nitrox posted:

Look up a clean Tacoma from the Back To The Future era and see what those are going for.

:negative:
How could you do this to the Back to the Future truck
:negative:

The Tacoma WISHES it was the Back to the Future truck. It's a Hilux. Tacoma is a North American-only model designed for our ~tastes~ that replaced the 'Toyota Pickup' here in 1995, 'Toyota Pickup' = Toyota Hilux just without the name. Why'd Toyota do this? We'll never know. They also called the van "Toyota Van" even though it was a Lite Ace.

You're right, though, in that Tacomas are doing the same thing Hiluxes are doing, climbing up in value dramatically. They've replaced muscle cars in the speculation/nostalgia market. I suspect it's that, and the backlash against what modern cars are now, big closed-off internet of things messes with high-strung 4cyl engines.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I've no doubt that part of it is the whole sledgehammer-simple aspect, at least compared to newer cars, and a lot of nostalgia, as always.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
It follows the same pattern as the Boomer nostalgia for muscle cars circa early 2000s

Now, the Gran Turismo generation, is pining after R32 skylines and AE86s

Those not interested in vroom-vroom, are nostalgic for "simple better times" that are represented by Hiluxes and old Rovers.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 22, 2023

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren: AISS 2023: LAST CHANCE, PROCRASTINATORS! :frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

no link to the ad, i only have screenshots sent to me by someone else

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

razorscooter posted:

no link to the ad, i only have screenshots sent to me by someone else

Sounds like someone just wants to keep this gem to themselves.

More pics
https://www.reddit.com/r/SouthDakotaCannabis/s/8Gws1WNVYh

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

deong posted:

Sounds like someone just wants to keep this gem to themselves.

More pics
https://www.reddit.com/r/SouthDakotaCannabis/s/8Gws1WNVYh

hell yes i needed that interior shot

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I like to joke about rolling probable cause, but I think that thing would get pulled over every single time it crossed state lines

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/308819001889008/?ref=browse_tab

ughhhh i want it

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
5.0 litres are fun

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I'm amazed they aren't asking 25K for it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Not a fan of the customization, but yeah, the LX 5.0 5spd was the one to get.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Perhaps due to my partial Italian heritage, I always wanted the gt convertible. I like them ground effects even if they did add a bunch of weight.

Those headlights look weird though. Obviously not stock. I hope they're not some m4d sick hidzzz.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It’s a factory four-cylinder car, which means there may be butchery hiding inside from whoever swapped it, but that’s still a drat good price if it’s mostly rust-free.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

the 5.0 is a V8 though, I think you're thinking of the turbo GT and SVO versions

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

MrYenko posted:

It’s a factory four-cylinder car, which means there may be butchery hiding inside from whoever swapped it, but that’s still a drat good price if it’s mostly rust-free.

They did make factory LX 5.0 cars. What makes you think it’s converted? I only see mention of the 5-lug and manual trans swaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Imperador do Brasil posted:

They did make factory LX 5.0 cars. What makes you think it’s converted? I only see mention of the 5-lug and manual trans swaps.

The seller does say "it's a new engine according to previous owner" - doesn't necessarily mean it started life as a 4 banger though.

This year has utterly annihilated my finances or else I'd do it. Hopefully something similar pops up in a year or two. A V8 5 speed fox is on my bucket list for sure.