Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

slidebite posted:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/1988-buick-reatta-make-offer/1397906618?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

How much of a nightmare would this be?

I assume the stops running after 5 min is electrical, and the cluster/controls for the inside could be a nightmare, but I've always had a soft spot for these... although judging from the pics it's probably includes a couple families of mice. Pretty low kms and could probably be picked up for a song.

Good luck figuring out which BCM or whatever is broken, and then finding a replacement. I worked on a 90-ish Trofeo Toronado 16 years ago and the prices and availability of the parts was obscene even back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

KakerMix posted:

low rider Berettas

Berettas (and the 4-door Corsicas) are so rare to see anymore that I actually point them out to my wife on road trips. If anyone can keep one running and wants to pimp it out, they should be given a medal. Or a padded cell. Whichever.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Powershift posted:

how could you not love a 2000lb RWD hatch?

Imagine what a modern engine and suspension with a stripped out interior would produce.

I worked for a shop that had a Chevette tubbed out and a SBC. It ran 11s, but looked scary as gently caress to drive.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Colostomy Bag posted:

Heh, my in-laws had one around that period, same problem.

I thought it was a feature, not a bug. Oh, Daimler...

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

boxen posted:

Today I learned old Dodge minivans can be all-wheel drive. Whether that one actually is or not is an open question.

My brother in law had one with a stick shift. It was less fun than you would think.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Coredump posted:

For instance when looking at Miatas so many of them are listed as automatics in the drop down fields but you read the body of the ad or look at the pictures and there's the 3 pedals and stick.

I believe that's how I found my old Miata, and was able to snag it before anyone else. It either said auto or wasn't listed, but was obviously a manual.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/tampa-1990-toyota-celica-all-trac-turbo/7033224201.html

This is very tempting but not at that price, are these really worth that much?

That car is extremely rare and somewhat desirable, but that's a crack pipe price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

Edit: :lol: Lag while accelerating...yeah you mentioned the 3.0 already

Beat me to it! I helped fix one of these up for a girlfriend who's car just exploded and the 3.0 was the most sluggish V6 car I ever encountered in my life.