Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That's cool, but would be noisy as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

beep-beep car is go posted:

During the Carter Administration.

During the Roosevelt Administration.

No, the first one :v:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Meanwhile, in Australia...

Turbo L300 4x4 - $2500

I unironically love this body style of van and have been on the lookout for one for a long time, but I assume all the custom work the guy's done will impact reliability, and I don't have the space or know-how to give it the attention it'll probably need (certainly don't have room for the second body/spares). But seems like a stonkin' deal for someone.

Hmm, Tasmania. If it was mainland I'd give it a little bit of thought. My dad used to turbocharge those 4WD vans in the early to mid 80s and remember going to ski fields in those.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

a dingus posted:

I have so many questions for the person who made that and they all begin with "why?"

An interesting way to do a double engine car

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

I don't mean to thread flood ........ this needs to be shared, is about all I have to say

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/albion-park/cars-vans-utes/1977-holden-belmont-one-tonner/1207753425

That poor HQ/HJ/HX/HZ/WB ute :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Shamino posted:

I don't need it... I don't need it....

A Pinto from the future! Ford doing 100 year old retro with their 2077 range.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Powershift posted:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1990-cadillac-allante/1446822954?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

The only convertible made by an American luxury car company in the last 20 years is the XLR

The only company that currently makes anything close to a full size convertible is Rolls Royce.

Why do car companies hate fun.

Because the buying public prefer SUVs

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Powershift posted:

how could you not love a 2000lb RWD hatch?

Imagine what a modern engine and suspension with a stripped out interior would produce.

The Australian version of the T Car, the Gemini, is a huge candidate for engines out of Rodeo Utes and V8s.

There used to be a ton of them on the roads during the 90s, but they're pretty much either dead from rust or being beaten to death by new drivers, as they were a popular first car.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Plinkey posted:

The best wagon was never sold in the US

That doesn't look like a Commodore V8 wagon :confused:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol I'd rather have a 5 cylinder Vigor

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Vanagoon posted:

V12 or not, the front end of that Lincoln is awful. I'm sorry, but it just is. It looks like a cartoon caricature of a car.

It's not as awful as your title has become

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The V12s I think are bullet proof on it. The electrics and English build quality for the interior might put people off. At least most of the window switches/HVAC can be taken from a Volvo or Ford

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ewww, malaise era Mercedes

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cage posted:

I ain't touching it, but theoretically that's a lotta hp for that amount of money.

https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/d/webster-mercedes-benz-s600-v12/7356566220.html

Meritoriously maintained? Then how come the headlights are piss yellow?

Just look at John Ross' latest video on his W220 S430 to see what can fail or go wrong on them

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

KakerMix posted:

....hemicooters?

drat things keep on getting stuck in the gaps of the drywall

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nitrox posted:

Movie studios pay top dollar for a car that looks original and brand new.

Yeah, but you might get the same horrible treatment as what happened to poor LobsterboyX with one of his cars

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Hadlock posted:

Yeah this is the "bad life decisions" thread

Speaking of which

Definitely a "Put it into H" car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

slidebite posted:

It's made in the US at a Chrysler factory. Therefore, Chrysler :colbert:

I thought they were made in Germany by Karmann

quote:

From the Wiki page:

The Chrysler Crossfire is a rear-wheel drive, two-seat sports car that was sold by Chrysler and built by Karmann of Germany for the 2004 through 2008 model years.
Guess you're wrong